Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never written a nurse a citation, let alone a warning. Nor doctors, etc... for moving violations. DUI's I do write.

Comment

Stupid thing to say, yes. I think it is a little extreme to fire her over that though. It is kind of funny to see the difference in the comments made on this forum. For this example the general reaction seems to be that you all think its good she was fired because her comment was unprofessional. But for all of the threads about officers being fired for misconduct and acting blatantly unprofessional you all tend to say that firing was too harsh and warnings should have been issued first.
      This is just coming from an outside perspective, just an interesting note....

Comment

The information in the article is very low and it is hard to make a call on this issue without facts.

My question is why did the officer contact the nurses boss? How many of us out there get a bunch of crud on traffic stops and go tell someone who was not at the incident ? Sure her comment was not appropriate but in what context was it used?

Receiving a citation is an emotional thing, especially these days, and people tend to spout off in the heat of the moment.

My problem is why the officer went to the woman's boss.

Comment

Gotta work on your bedside manner, lady........
          Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

In and of itself I don't believe it's a firing offense. A totally inappropriate thing to say no doubt. She must've been a real foul ball during the stop to prompt the officer to call her employer. My bet is this particular nurse has had other issues brewing with her employer and this was the icing on the cake. Just MO.
            sigpic
            Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
            And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Right, like you actually think the nurse would treat the Officer any different than any of her other patients if his life was at risk? I can't answer that question any better than you can, but making that assumption just based on the comment she made out of frustration is ridiculous. Who knows, she might have just finished working a double and had incredibly difficult patients. People have bad days and say stupid things sometimes, its human nature.

I agree with what chiefcop said, why the heck did the officer go to the womans boss. Does he make a formal complaint every time someone makes a distasteful comment towards him?

Kaps- that would make sense. Hopefully that is what happened, that at least gives him more reason to report her.
              Last edited by mookie86; 09-21-2010, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                My bet is this particular nurse has had other issues brewing with her employer and this was the icing on the cake. Just MO.
                Ding, ding, ding....we have a winner!
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I thought it was pretty amusing reading some of the comments in one of the links provided above where so many people are griping about the officer complaining to the nurses boss. How many times does someone complain to our bosses simply because they didn't get their way? My gosh I can't remember how many times my Sgt has told me someone called to complain on me and 99.9% of the time it was simply some crybaby that didn't like the mean old police officer not doing what they wanted. It is apparently fine for anyone and everyone to complain on us but heaven help us if one of us do the same. If the cop in this story had made some crack like the nurse did you can be sure she would have been on the phone griping about him.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCOrPs View Post
                    I thought it was pretty amusing reading some of the comments in one of the links provided above where so many people are griping about the officer complaining to the nurses boss. How many times does someone complain to our bosses simply because they didn't get their way? My gosh I can't remember how many times my Sgt has told me someone called to complain on me and 99.9% of the time it was simply some crybaby that didn't like the mean old police officer not doing what they wanted. It is apparently fine for anyone and everyone to complain on us but heaven help us if one of us do the same. If the cop in this story had made some crack like the nurse did you can be sure she would have been on the phone griping about him.
                    Why join the crybaby crowd...

Comment

Had it been the officer who said it this would be hitting world headlines and there would be vivid debates on CNN.

Then we'd have a "SUPER-DUPER 5 ON YOUR SIDE I-TEAM ULTRA DEEP INVESTIGATION" from some of the local media outlets.

There would be public outrage about how cops abuse their power and there would be a demand for the officer to be fired immediately.

If your job consists of taking care of people and helping those in need. Be it a Police Officer, EMT, Nurse, Dentist, I don't care - you never threaten someone off hand about "Well if you do not give me (blank) then do not ever expect me to help you.) Not only is it unprofessional, possibly risking a life, but also a complete disregard to your duty.

So, I see having her fired being completely justified. Good for them for taking a stand for a bad apple in their workplace.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                        Glad someone takes it seriously.....

The ER staff we had to deal with at my last duty station would have just shined that complaint on......at least one of the staff there absolutely DESPISED any and all LEOs, and didnt exactly make it a secret either.......

We made sure that the paramedics knew to never take us there, unless the few extra minutes meant the difference between life and death.......
                        +1.

The wife's one of our medics and they all know to bypass the local hospital if any of us go down. They've never down right threatened us but........
                        Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                        I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                        Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                        as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Several years back, the cook at a local truck stop (very popular 24-hour eating spot with the badges in the area) was arrested for something-or-other.

He made some comments that he would "get even" with every cop that ate at the truck stop.

Did not take long for "the word" to get out, and suddenly there were no more cops eating there. Word got to the owner of the truck stop just as quickly and the guy was fired for his threatening comments.

And the difference between the guy who fixes your breakfast and the nurse is . . . . . . ?

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                          "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

A paramedic/EMT complained to me about a fellow officer writing him a ticket, stating something to the effect 'hope he never needs my help'. I remember thinking at the time that the lowest crack head is guranteed assistance but a LEO must do something to earn it?!
                            Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Zeitgeist View Post
                              A paramedic/EMT complained to me about a fellow officer writing him a ticket, stating something to the effect 'hope he never needs my help'. I remember thinking at the time that the lowest crack head is guranteed assistance but a LEO must do something to earn it?!
                              I hate 'tards like this. Tell them if they are ever called on to help that officer, you expect them to be a professional and do their job, just like that officer did.

Plus, I know that a medic isn't going to come rushing to my aid like some kind of hero if I go down and need help. Their answer will be "Standing by until the scene is secure". By that time hopefully I'll be in the back of a police car flying down the road on the way to the hospital.
                              Last edited by Sabre; 09-21-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redders View Post
                                +1.

The wife's one of our medics and they all know to bypass the local hospital if any of us go down. They've never down right threatened us but........
                                I find this disgusting! I just can't understand this type of behavior. We have a duty to treat and by law if the patient isn't stable, we can't deny to treat. But to even hint that the police, of all groups!, isn't going to receive the best of care is down right so offensive, it boggles the mind.
                                Originally posted by JasperST
                                "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
                                It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5028 users online. 230 members and 4798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X