300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nurse fired over comment made to ticketing officer

A nurse in Colorado Springs was fired after she told a CSPD officer “I hope you are not ever my patient,” after she was issued a traffic ticket. She sued the hospital for firing her, case is now in appeals court.

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_16119829
    "There are two sides to every story.... mine and wrong." ~Stephen Colbert

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." ~ Mel Brooks

"Hope for the Best. Expect the worst. Life is a play. We're unrehearsed."~ Mel Brooks

She ain't gettin' her job back.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Good glad the b!t@# lost her job!
      Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

Pretty much an implied death threat....Well, nursing school didn't teach her to be tactful apparently!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
          She ain't gettin' her job back.
          Good. That was a foolish thing for her to say.
          Originally posted by JasperST
          "The fail is strong with this one."

Originally posted by mdrep
          It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

What do you think we are, a bunch of barbarians?

Comment

Glad someone takes it seriously.....

The ER staff we had to deal with at my last duty station would have just shined that complaint on......at least one of the staff there absolutely DESPISED any and all LEOs, and didnt exactly make it a secret either.......

We made sure that the paramedics knew to never take us there, unless the few extra minutes meant the difference between life and death.......
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              Glad someone takes it seriously.....

The ER staff we had to deal with at my last duty station would have just shined that complaint on......at least one of the staff there absolutely DESPISED any and all LEOs, and didnt exactly make it a secret either.......

We made sure that the paramedics knew to never take us there, unless the few extra minutes meant the difference between life and death.......
              Dang

Where I work, we have a great rapport with all the surrounding PDs. I'm not the only ER nurse with a LEO hubby or bf either.

It's not sporting old chap. Like shooting fish in a barrel. You may only take a shot at a poser or troll if they are running and you are properly licensed.

Comment

Where I work, we have a great rapport with all the surrounding PDs. I'm not the only ER nurse with a LEO hubby or bf either.
                +1. Dad and brother are doctors, mom and sister are nurses. All of them are real tight with LEO's.

I hear nurses and cops hook up a lot. Makes sense. Both work weird hours, both have to deal with the world's stupidity on a daily basis.
                Yeah. That would go poorly. Like, on the Scale of Fail, somewhere between "Titanic" and "Chernobyl."
                --Squirrel

Comment

Wow, did anyone read the comments that some of these bozo's are posting? Why is everyone taking the nurse's side here? What she said was pretty messed up.

http://neighbors.denverpost.com/view...php?t=16119829
                  Seriously all these people disgust me.

She broke the law, and she paid the consequences. 14mph over is a little high for a warning. Instead of admitting her error, she threatens a police officer. She should be lucky all she lost was her job.

Comment

I don't know, she made an off-hand comment, I really don't think she should lose her job for it.

What if a cop said something like that to a skell and the cop lost their job. We'd be backing the cop up.

Comment

I worked with another paramedic who didn't get his usual discount at taco bell one day. That upset his pocketbook so he said to the teenaged clerk, "better hope I'm not ever called to you lying in a ditch" or something very similar to that. I don't recall the quote, but it had something to do with her lying helpless in a ditch needing EMS.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

I don't know, she made an off-hand comment, I really don't think she should lose her job for it.

What if a cop said something like that to a skell and the cop lost their job. We'd be backing the cop up.
                        She said exactly what she thought. Would you want to have to depend on HER if you were taken to her ER? And are you really comparing a cop to a skell? I can't believe you really meant that.

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                        I worked with another paramedic who didn't get his usual discount at taco bell one day. That upset his pocketbook so he said to the teenaged clerk, "better hope I'm not ever called to you lying in a ditch" or something very similar to that. I don't recall the quote, but it had something to do with her lying helpless in a ditch needing EMS.
                        This sounds like someone that I flatly would not work with. If he/she is that immature, then they need to grow up a bit before being entrusted with life and death situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired Deputy View Post
                          She said exactly what she thought. Would you want to have to depend on HER if you were taken to her ER? And are you really comparing a cop to a skell? I can't believe you really meant that.
                          He's not comparing cops to skells. What he's saying is that we all say things that we later regret. Cop or nurse, we're human beings, we all screw up sometomes.

Was her comment a threat? Maybe, maybe not. Was it unprofessional? Yeah, and she should be punished......fired, I don't think so.
                          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Her comment was totally unprofessional. We all might think things such as her comment, but would never do them. We nurses take an oath too. Do no harm is taught to us from day one. Saying that she might not help another injured human being, let alone a LEO injured in the line of duty, is against all that is practiced.

Her stupid comment lost her, her job because any health care org is not going to want any healthcare worker with that attitude working for them. Hospitals are buisinesses, good customer relations are it's bread and butter. She is negative press.

Sorry, but I have no empathy for her. Open your mouth and say something so idiotic, and you deserve what you get. Think before speak....hers was broken I believe.

Comment

We had the same sort of thing happen here. Guess what happened to the nurse? She went to jail for a felony. Her employer got called. Did she lose her job? Don't know, don't care. Should the nurse in question have lost her job? Don't know, don't care. That's up to her employer. If he/she felt it was a big enough problem to have the nurse fired then that's what needs to happen.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3883 users online. 171 members and 3712 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X