300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk Down

Went to see it on opening day. What a movie!! Hours of non-stop action. This is the only movie in a long time that has kept my interest.

Really made me mad that our so-called Commander in Chief at the time would allow our military to be deployed w/o giving them everything they needed to accomplish their objective.

Anybody else been to see it yet??
    "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Saw it tonight. Good movie. Was curious to see how they treated the Stebbins (Grimes) charecter, as he is a hometown guy from here.

Comment

I saw it yesterday...great movie. I will go see it again becasue so much happens so fast that it needs a rerun.

I think it was Good Morning America (Monday Morning) that interviewed one of the Rangers that was there and in the fire fight. He blasted Clinton for turning heels and running. Of course those liberal morning host didn't allow him to go very far with it. He said it gave the USA a black eye.
      "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

Someone asked me about letting their 14 year old boy see it... what do you think? What about the language? I heard its kinda knarley. Thanks!
        Stay Safe Everyone!

Matthew Frank
        Owner, Code3 Response
        www.code3response.com

Comment

The reason they changed Stebbins to Grimes is that Stebbins is doing 30 years in Leavenworth for child molest.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Outstanding movie! I'll certainly see it again. Very intense and accurate.

Slolightbar, there were a few extremely graphic scenes. I don't recall a lot of profanity, but the movie was so intense I might not have noticed. Unlike "Nightmare on Elm Street: The Really, Really Final Chapter", I think there is a lot of value ina fourteen-year-old seeing this movie, especially with a parent or responsible adult.
            John from Maryland

Comment

Love history and love our military, but I'm debating on whether or not to watch it. I've had the book for 6 months now, and haven't broke the cover.

I recall the nes footage. I'm afraid if I see the reenactment of the locals jumping up and down and laughing like a bunch of idiots and dancing on the choppers and dead bodies, or the mutilation of the bodies, I might blow a gasket (or just go to Somalia myself... )

I also won't like seeing the reenactment of the killings of our soldiers, especially the posthumus MOH winners.

I know it is true and realistic, I just don't want to watch it (or so I'm thinking.) This is weird, because I normally love war movies! Along the same lines, I had a copy of the TRP Mark Coates shooting. I watched it twice and gave it away. Just don't like to keep seeing it.
              People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

I've yet to see the movie but I have read the book. A friend who had also read the book saw the film and told me that the movie provides little context for the battle. He enjoyed the movie but found that it was made more understandable by his awareness of surrounding circumstances.

The book is disturbing, Sgt. Dave, but well worth reading. I was surprised by how few details were reported as events unfolded in Somalia. The author's objectivity is unusual for a journalist, reflecting litle of the typical media bias one might expect.

Comment

Really made me mad that our so-called Commander in Chief at the time would allow our military to be deployed w/o giving them everything they needed to accomplish their objective.

Gee, that sounds familiar...Korea, Vietnam...

Comment

If the movie is 20% true, then those soldiers are dedicated. That was the only thing I kept thinking about during the entire movie was the dedication they had to go in and do that job. I was a little upset there was not more bombing. I figured for sure they would/should have been able to help with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Dave:
                      Along the same lines, I had a copy of the TRP Mark Coates shooting. I watched it twice and gave it away. Just don't like to keep seeing it.
                      I definitely understand that.

[ 07-17-2002: Message edited by: Legal Assistant ]
                      This post has been rated PG-13 for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

I'm going to see it for the historical story and the action/effects. My sister is going to see it for Josh Hartnett (gag me now)

Tex
                        KD5HQD

Comment

Originally posted by PartTimer:
                          If the movie is 20% true, then those soldiers are dedicated. That was the only thing I kept thinking about during the entire movie was the dedication they had to go in and do that job.
                          It's true..not fiction. Living breathing heros. Medal of Honor heros!!

If you have cable or a satellite dish you can probably catch the History Channels 2 hour special on the "Real Story of Blackhawk Down". I'm sure they will be replaying it.

I don't have cable...but I heard it was really good. Those guys over there, were in one of the toughest fights this country has seen in many a battle. BTW the Delta / Rangers killed over 1000 of the militia.
                          "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

Great movie! I read the book first and thought the movie did a decent job of keeping with the book. As mentioned there were a lot of details left out about but all in all it did a decent job. The 2 Delta operators awarded the MOH is the toughest part. They volunteered several times go rescue the 2nd downed pilot knowing there was almost a 100% chance of death. Awarding them the MOH was great but it does not seem enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Guard Dog:
                              If you have cable or a satellite dish you can probably catch the History Channels 2 hour special on the "Real Story of Blackhawk Down". I'm sure they will be replaying it.
                              I saw some of that special the other day. It was really good with lots of interviews with the guys that were there. Really good stuff.

Anybody see the news where we're starting to gather intel on Somalia and Yemen with the chance of going in after more terrorists?
                              "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5490 users online. 302 members and 5188 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X