300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago

I am British cop coming over with my family to spend a few nights in Chicago towards the end of May, any places that are a must see or a dont bother?

Navy Pier...neat attractions and shops plus the 150' Ferris wheel

Sears Tower...I'm pretty sure they have the observation deck back open

Chicago Loop

and no trip to Chicago should be without a evening trip to North Rush Street to the "entertainment district" ( but don't stray away too far west from Rush or you'll be in Cabrini Green.....not the place to be at night. or day unless you've got the PO-lice with you )

Check out the Chciago Tourism Link http://www.chicago.il.org/HISTORY.HTM

Remember that now it's the middle of winter. By May lots of things open up. The Lake front tours and dinner tours will be in full swing.

Wrigley Field, Home of the CUBS Baseball team. CUBS...Completely Useless By Septemeber. It's still oe of the greatest places to see a baseball game. Hotdogs & beer..don't get much better.

Ok to eat while in Chicago you have to have a good Chicago Style Pizza. Lou Malnati's Pizza and Carson Ribs http://www.deepdishpizza.com/

Have fun
    "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

Originally posted by Guard Dog:
      CUBS Baseball team. CUBS...Completely Useless By Septemeber.
      Once of these days, we are going to go all the way.
      FREE Website Development for Law Enforcement
      <a href="http://police-websites.org" target="_blank">http://police-websites.org</a>

Comment

OOPS....I just read read the original post. RUSH STREET is not for the family. Mom and dad yes, kids NOOOOOO!

Comment

Field Museum is ok if you like old dead dinosaurs and stuff. Shedd Aquarium is good if you like fish. Museum of Science and Industry is awesome, go to the Omnimax theater and hit the coal mine too. www.msichicago.org Cheesecake factory in the Hancock building is a great restaurant, also there's another fancier restaurant on the 95th floor I believe. FAO Schwartz has a massive toy store on Michigan Ave near there as well. There's a lot of stores up and down Michigan Ave, Sony consumer electronics gallery for us techie buffs, Niketown, Victoria's Secret (pleading the 5th on that one) as well as the water towers and the water tower shopping center. For real shopping and stuff, State street is where you need to go. Disney Quest is right off Michigan Ave, so is ESPNzone. Both G rated places, fun and Uno's and Pizzaria Due are both right down the street. House of Blues on Dearborn is a nice club type place, on Sunday mornings they do a gospel breakfast, little pricey though at $35 each but it's all you can eat and good entertainment. Any other time it's a regular restaurant until it gets later, then it's a bar type atmosphere.

Navy pier is nice, go to the IMax theater, it's cool. The ferris wheel is cool too.
          By the time you get around, baseball will be started up, to hell with the sCrUBS, go to a White Sux game! Wrigley is a nice park though, I'm just a south sider...it would be cool if you could make it to both. Make sure to leave your nail clippers and files at home though, I'd hate for you to have a problem at our fine airports. Any other questions, send me a private message if you want.

Comment

Hey there Southsider I mean JPA.. don't send the Brit's to a Sox game, they'd probably get mugged, rolled and car stolen in the parking lot before they ever got inside the park. The PO-lice don't even go there without a backup.

Ignore JPA's post...if you want to enjoy a ball game, go see the CUBS at the FRIENDLY confines of Wrigley field.

Comment

Originally posted by Guard Dog:
              Hey there Southsider I mean JPA.. don't send the Brit's to a Sox game, they'd probably get mugged, rolled and car stolen in the parking lot before they ever got inside the park. The PO-lice don't even go there without a backup.

Ignore JPA's post...if you want to enjoy a ball game, go see the CUBS at the FRIENDLY confines of Wrigley field.

Haha, friendly confines. Friendly only if you're just as drunk and obnoxious as the rest of them and a little light in the loafers to boot. Sorry, I grew up about 6 blocks from Comiskey in Canaryville, the "neighborhood issues" weren't a concern for me and I've always found the people there to be friendly. I do like Wrigley a bit better just cuz of the lack of oxygen in the upper deck at comiskey.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6005 users online. 329 members and 5676 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X