• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Charger Police Pursuit package?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/07/v...car-leaks-out/

Thoughts?
    Applied USSS 1811 0809, TEA 1009, Initial 1109, BQA'd 1209

Applied Federal Agency 0083 0310, Phone 1010

Reading a description, it mentions a special LE only two mode ESP. I wonder how this differs from the normal ESP. I suspect it does two things. One would be to cut back on the torque management, which is where you get the lag in the drivetrain. The other would be a change to the "OFF" mode, to raise the intervention limits, allowing you more leeway than all civilian models except the SRT.

Comment

**drooooooollll** That thing looks great. Sadly everyone around here is having budget issues and will probably not be buying any.
      I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
      - Mark Twain

Comment

Why in the heck does a police car need 20 inch rims and chrome exhaust tips?

Even though I agree it looks awesome.....
        Last edited by mookie86; 09-08-2010, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Not sure if it's a good idea to add all the weight for a police cruiser(cage, radio, safety equipment, lights, etc.) to a vehicle that already weighs 3800 lbs. from the factory stock...I know some agencies already use the Fiat Charger, but I'd think it would be a little useful to have a nimble and lightweight cruiser.

Comment

Don't know if it really applies, but in a thirty eight year LE career, I NEVER had a voice in what car my Agency would purchase/drive. In common with most Departments, we went with the low bidder. That's when there were sufficient funds to purchase new vehicles.

Comment

Forget it for the job, I want one for my personal car! The new rear looks nice!
              “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

I am not too impressed by the new charger package. I definitely think that departments will lean towards the new ford line up http://blutube.policeone.com/Media/6...Reveal-Part-1/ and possibly the new Chevy Caprice.

I am a die hard GM guy....but I am impressed with Ford's new line up.
                "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

WHOA! I just noticed they changed the Rear end of the charger. That looks awesome!
                  "Fighting Crime....Suppressing Evil"

Comment

We are going to be ordering soon. Maybe we'll get a few. Still hopin for the tahoe.
                    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Fiat Charger. LOL!

Hey, would you like to go back to the Halcyon days of the Dodge Aspen or Plymouth Volare with the 225 "tower of power" Slant-6 under the hood?

Seriously, the Charger is a good car - civilian or police, V6 or V8 - and has restored Chrysler as a legitimate player in the law enforcement market. Ford's venerable Crown Vic (soon to go the way of the Dodge Diplomat) and Chevy's current front-drive Impala & upcoming rear-drive Caprice will allow good choices in the sedan market. The Tahoe is great as a pursuit-rated SUV when a car just doesn't have enough room. Too bad Ford won't build a police-market Mustang. Wouldn't a 415hp patrol coupe be great?

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

While you are in a drooling mood, check out some of these Aussie highway patrol vehicles. Some are V8, some big six, plus turbos. Very bad***!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgkEd...eature=related
                        Last edited by Spudee; 09-08-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

The rear end looks like an Intrepid. Not good!
                          David Bailey Photography | Bailey Tactical

sigpic

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor satan shudders and says oh hell he's awake!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spudee View Post
                            While you are in a drooling mood, check out some of these Aussie highway patrol vehicles. Some are V8, some big six, plus turbos. Very bad***!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgkEd...eature=related
                            Those Aussie cars are Pontiac G8's. These are built in Austrailia and will be the foundation of the new Chevy police vehicles. Nice looking, but I'm not sure how much room they will have inside once all the equipment and computer is installed.
                            David Bailey Photography | Bailey Tactical

sigpic

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor satan shudders and says oh hell he's awake!"

Comment

Ehhh.... Better than what we're getting but its still a Dodge.
                              Rumor has it Chief is looking at FWD Impalas Ughhhh!!!!! I thought the V6 Chargers were bad. Im never complaining again. I was hoping for the new Caprice RWD V8 or a Taho. This is not the Chevy I was wanting, damn the budget. Heck Id be happy going back to the Ford CVPI.
                              Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3394 users online. 152 members and 3242 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X