Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know whether to be pleased or ****ed....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know whether to be pleased or ****ed....

One of my periods is spent monitoring the cafeteria. I walk among the tables of kids, keeping them under control, bring them napkins, etc...and sometimes, sit and chat with them.

Today, a kid asked me if I could get him another milk. No problem, right? I mean, he hadn't finished eating, but was out of something to drink. He gave me a quarter and I went to get his milk.

Enter 'the Cafeteria Bitch'.

'You can't do that. It's against the rules.' she says to me as I retrieve a milk from the cooler. I give her the 'WTF? look'.

'Students are allowed to get 5 items when they go through line. They know that. They aren't allowed 'extras'.' THIS is the 'lady' that charges kids for salt/pepper, mustard/ketchup, and makes them throw away french fries(they are only allowed 10 fries), etc.

Again, 'WTF?'

I almost told her where she could shove her carton of milk, but thought better of it. Instead, I said 'I don't take orders from you.', paid for the milk and returned it to the kid.

From the way most administrators, teachers and staff treat school kids these days, you'd think the kids were in school for THEM. Funny....I always thought it was THE OTHER WAY around.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

I don't see a problem with getting them another milk. It does the body good. As long as they don't think of you as their lackey or something.

Comment

Hey...at least you kept it civil. I probably would have had to thrown in a nice..."Does Hitler know you have his attitude you freaking milk nazi"?
      But that's just me!

Comment

QUOTE:
        "I almost told her where she could shove her carton of milk, but thought better of it. Instead, I said 'I don't take orders from you.', paid for the milk and returned it to the kid."

I'll post, You argue.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Deputy757:
          you freaking milk nazi"?

"No milk for you! Next!"
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Geezzzzz, nothing has changed. We had a leftover milk one day so I drank it. The teacher I worked with made it seem like I was stealing food from kids. She made a big deal, embarassing me, about I had to pay for that and the cafeteria would catch the fact we were short an extra milk, yadda, yadda, yadda. I threw a dollar bill at her and said, "Here, will this make you shut up?" Some people bypassed the brain table.
            I might add that I just talked to this same teacher after 25 years and NOTHING has changed. She used to freak out if I was 2 minutes late getting my kids to the cafeteria 2 minutes late. She would say, "WE ARE ON A SCHEDULE HERE!" I used to realy **** her off when I'd say, "Get over it". ggeezzz! **#&#&^~!
            But she used to **** me off when I'd have a good idea and she would say, "Imagine, learning something from you." I fixed her boat real good though when I quit. I waited til the teacher she wanted to work with HAD to accept another job, THEN I quit. She got to teach with a teacher fresh out of college. Poor thing, having to work with the Ice Queen. She never saw all the smirks when she announced she was pregnant. We couldn't even imagine her letting her husband touch her unless it was under the most sanitary conditions. lol

Comment

That "lady" sounds like a real jerk! The school district in Salem allows kids all the fruits they can eat after they have cleaned their "plates". They also allow this in the morning, the schools here serve breakfast too. They can buy milk & juice all day long, in addition to the one that comes with their meal. I can't imagine somebody getting upset because some thirsty child wants to buy another milk. Crazy! You're such a nice guy! I probably woulda done the same thing but not been so nice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4005 users online. 287 members and 3718 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X