300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating Older/Younger

Alot of my friends think Im a wierdo but I prefer to date women or much older than me or younger (LEGAL) than me. I do not find myself attracted to women my own age (24). I have dated a woman who was 50 when I was 17 and found myself to be alot happier because the conversation was better and she showed how life can really be.

Im I wierd or is this a common practice? I do run a yahoo club about this subject (send me a pm if intrested for the link) and am just wondering if anyother folks out there intrested in this..
    "Police work gives you the test first, then the lesson"-Senior Trooper Robert Dent Oregon SP

Well, the emotional/ intellectual maturity levels between people of such varying ages can certainly be an issue. There are likely a variety of psycho/ social reasons why some people prefer to date outside of their age bracket, one cannot give a blanket answer for all cases.

The main concern is that the younger partner should be an adult, obviously.

Although not common, there have been successful relationships between people of very different ages.

I am curious, what do you mean by MUCH older/ younger? It is not uncommon to have a 4- 6 yr age difference between partners.
    [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

By much older... I usually date women 10-20 years older than me.. Its been a preferance since I was 16.. but with my current girlfriend she is 3 years younger than me. I just dont care for women my own age.. I personal belive I have the "Mrs. Robinson" complex.
      "Police work gives you the test first, then the lesson"-Senior Trooper Robert Dent Oregon SP

Comment

24 and 25 is a rough age, some woman are just dumb at that age, as I am finding out being 25. I generally have gone for above or below my age.

Comment

Hey I am 25 and I feel the same way about guys my age. I like older guys 10 years + because they are more mature and you don't have to worry about some of the stuff you do with a younger guy, like the feeling of being trapped because they are "so young"

Comment

Before marrying my wife, I did begin dating older women (me 25-27 and them 33-41.) The women I dated were mature, worldly, intelligent, sexy, and IMHO, beautiful. None looked their age.

Most young women still have that "Fabio-dream man" vision, and unless you're him, and no one is, they can't commit 100%.

Older women have learned that a decent man, decent looking, with a sense of humor and funloving, who treats you well are to be cherished. I am average looking at best, and overweight, and I was TREATED LIKE A KING by a couple of them. One (the last before meeting my wife) had been in a miserable marriage where she got no attention (in any way...) Needless to say, I'm still pretty much a Greek GOD to her (and that's being modest...)

Just don't go for the skanks...
            People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

I don't think age is of concern, all that
              matters is the man and woman connect, love
              each other and have a lot in common, and
              also realize that each if going to have
              to make some sacrifices, and that there
              are ups and downs through every marriage.

Personally, at my age, I could never date
              a 50 year old woman, it would be like dating
              one of my mothers classmates from her high
              school days. Just couldn't do it. Now
              that is just my view, but I don't look down
              upon anyone who likes older women like that,
              because as long as their relationship works
              out, that is what is most important.

Comment

Posted by Loocpoc: "I usually date women 10-20 years older than me.. Its been a preferance since I was 16... "

Interesting, Loocpoc. Once one reaches adulthood, ten yrs do not make much of a difference. 20 yrs may be more of an issue, depending on the parners involved, of course. I don't think a sixteen yr old boy should be dating a woman 20 yrs his senior, though.

When I was younger, I would solely date older men. Now that I'm turning thirty next year ( ) I can understand why women want to date younger men. A good deal of young men seem more flexible, eager to please, and without much emotional baggage.

If I was single, I think I would date younger men.

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: blondie72 ]
                [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

I just ended a relationship not long ago with someone younger than me (12 yrs). We dated for over a year and got along very well.

He was always very mature for his age and preferred to see older women. I won't get too personal about the relationship, just that I chose to end it, but it was done so on good terms.

I can't say what will happen if and when I meet someone. Age was really never important to me (but as for very young, I just don't go there).

Age shouldn't be an issue if you both like each other, but I do stress LEGAL if she's younger.

Best of luck to you.

kk

Comment

More flexible.....eager to please........words that describe me to a "t"!!!! Where do I sign up?????????

Steve

Comment

LOL, Steve, I am currently accepting applications from young, flexible men that are eager to please!

What could be better?

Comment

Interesting post. Dating someone my age is basically out of the question. Maturity is a real issue with males (IMO) especially in their 20's. I'm 22 and my ideal partner would be 30 - 35 ... I just can't imagine even giving someone my age the time of day.

Comment

I am 9 months older then my husband....not a big range. He teases me about it but I don't really consider myself older because we are so close in age. I have never found younger men attractive tho they do me. They consider me *mature* but I am married and don't play around....much less with a younger man. I do like older men if they take care of themselves and don't act old.

Comment

Originally posted by blondie72:
                            LOL, Steve, I am currently accepting applications from young, flexible men that are eager to please!

What could be better?
                            Really are ya???
                            "A good cop stays a rookie at heart, excited by every shift."
                            www.copsworld-wide.cjb.net
                            Stay Safe, @NeoCop

Comment

LOL, absolutely, Neo

Younger men just keep looking better and better to me; the older I get!

[ 09-07-2001: Message edited by: blondie72 ]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4356 users online. 246 members and 4110 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X