300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Discrimination 2

Feel so bad formy son but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My son now works in a hostile work environment. For those not tuned into this, my son made a mistake and his boss cursed him up one one and down the other, screaming and yelling at him but did not realize a Human Resource person heard all. He then took my son to a back room, called him every name in the book and told him to stay in the room til he said he could come out.
    The Human Resources person heard all this too and told my son to come talk to her if he needed to. He didn't right away. He decided to go by himself when his boss told him that the only way he would ever talk to him again was through the big boss (another jerk) or if they both went to Human Resources. My son made the correct decision to go to Human Resources by himself.
    Since then, the boss has made an waged psychological war on him. No one is allowed to talk to him while he is in the room. He gives him menial jobs and refuses to teach our son the machines because of his epilepsy. He gave everyone invitations to a party except my son. He made up business cards for everyone but my son.
    My son is keeping a journal of these things.
    It's got to be hard to be the "odd one out". But what is boss is mad abut is NOT that my son made the mistake. He smirked at my son that he heard there was going to be a reprimand and told him to be prepared for when he received that reprimand. Only the BOSS received the reprimand, not my son.
    So, he's after him with a vengence.
    My sons therapist is arranging for him to receive training or another job but that will take time. We told him to veiw these people as people he works with. If he just does his job, another target will soon be found.
    Why is it people are not TAUGHT to be bosses? Why does it go to a persons head when he/she becomes a boss?

I have a friend who p'd off his FTO and the guy tried to mess with him and make him quit. The process that was supposed to take 2 months ended up taking 4. The only reason my friend didn't end up before a review board was he had good write-ups from his first FTO, good reviews from his pre-academy time, and had been there more than a year probationary period. He'd spoken to a lawyer and prepared to sue if he got fired.

When you find yourself in a situation like this, be polite (as much as you can) be respectful, and document everything. The name of the game is CYA. If you're wrong, there isn't a lot you can do, but if somebody is using a position of authority to screw you, you don't have to take it.
    "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

Your son may be able to sue for some of the things that you have described. In particular, the act of confining your son in a room may meet the civil definition of false imprisonment. Your son might want to get advice from a labor/ employment law attorney in your area. While a law suit can cause all parties a great amount of stress, it might also prevent the same thing from happening to another person.

It is generally a good idea to keep a journal of this type of action. Journal entries should be made as soon after the incident as possible.

Good luck.

[ 01-08-2003, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Underdog ]

Comment

That poor guy has a black cloud following him around....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4465 users online. 311 members and 4154 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X