Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember, his death penalty sentence was sent back for re sentencing by Judge Yohn (a Clinton era appointee). Our former governors Ridge and Schweiker both signed the death warrant only to have it stayed.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Some familiar faces...

Thus, I hereby present you with the official wall of shame:

Adjoa A. Aiyetoro, Shana Alexander, Laurie Anderson, Maya Angelou, Paul Auster, Alec Baldwin, Russell Banks, John Perry Barlow, Richard J. Barnet, Derrick Bell, Dennis Brutus, David Byrne, Naomi Campbell, Robbie Conal, Denise Caruso, Noam Chomsky, Richard A. Cloward, Ben Cohen , Kerry Kennedy Cuomo, Ron Daniels, U.S. Rep. Ronald V. Dellums, Dominique de Menil, Jacques Derrida, David Dinkins, E. L. Doctorow , Roger Ebert, Jason Epstein, Susan Faludi, Mike Farrell, Timothy Ferris, Eileen Fisher, Henry Louis Gates, Terry Gilliam, Danny Glover, Leon Golub, Nadine Gordimer, Stephen Jay Gould, Günter Grass, Herbert Chao Gunther, Jack Healey, Edward S. Herman, Jim Hightower, James Hillman, bell hooks, Molly Ivins, Bill T. Jones, June Jordan, Mitchell Kapor, Casey Kasem, C. Clark Kissinger, Herbert Kohl, Jonathan Kozol, Tony Kushner, John Landis, Spike Lee, Edward Lewis, Maya Lin, Norman Mailer, Frederick Marx, Nion McEvoy, Bobby McFerrin, Susan Meiselas, Nancy Meyer, Pedro Meyer, Jessica Mitford, Michael Moore, Frank Moretti, James Parks Morton, Paul Newman, Peter Norton, Joyce Carol Oates, Dean Ornish, MD, Grace Paley, Alan Patricof, Martin D. Payson, Frances Fox Piven, Katha Pollit, Sister Helen Prejean, CSJ, Charles B. Rangel, Adrienne Rich, Tim Robbins, David A. Ross, Salman Rushdie, Susan Sarandon, Charles C. Savitt, André Schiffrin, Peter Sellers, Nancy Spero, Art Spiegelman, Bob Stein, Gloria Steinem, Sting, Michael Stipe, Oliver Stone, Brian Stonehill, Nadine Strossen, Trudie Styler, William Styron, Edith Tiger, Edward R. Tufte, Eric Utne, Bill Viola, Alice Walker, Cornel West, Marc Weiss, John Edgar Wideman, Garry Wills, Joanne Woodward, and Peter Yarrow.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
        Some familiar faces...

Thus, I hereby present you with the official wall of shame:

Russell Banks - American Indian Movement

David Byrne - Lead singer, Talking Heads

Naomi Campbell - Model

Robbie Conal - Street artist whose minions used to plaster up posters in Los Angeles.

Ben Cohen - OF BEN & JERRY's ICE CREAM....and yes, I know he and Jerry sold the business....I still won't buy their friggin' ice cream.

Kerry Kennedy Cuomo - Related to Mario and Andrew????

U.S. Rep. Ronald V. Dellums - Currently Mayor of Oakland

David Dinkins - Former mayor of NYC

E. L. Doctorow - Author Ragtime

Mike Farrell - Actor and anti-death penalty activist.

Henry Louis Gates - Obama's friend, the other half of the Cambridge Police incident.

Terry Gilliam - Writer, producer, original Monty Python member....and brother of retired LAPD Officer Scott Gilliam, with whom I used to work alongside.

Casey Kasem - Voice of American Top 40 on the radio and 'Shaggy' on Scooby-Do

Charles B. Rangel - Seems he's been in the news, lately, hasn't he?
        Although a great deal of this turd's supporters have passed on...I thought I would flesh more of them out for those who skipped over the list, merely paying attention to just the ones GrayPatriot's bolded.

And please don't forget the other friends of Law Enforcement, Rage Against the Machine.
        Last edited by Kieth M.; 08-03-2010, 02:11 PM.
        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Thanks Grey and Keith.
          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post
            Why is it that "they" keep saying he should be freed? Was there some kind of conflicting testimony during the trial? Was there exculpatory evidence that was brought up after he was in prison? Why has he become the "poster child" of the left? It must be more than just an anarchist, racial or anti-cop thing.
            "They" don't want you to research the case, read court transcripts, or ask any questions of their side. "They" want you to not know certain facts, like he's never said he was innocent. He was wounded and had a slug from Danny Faulkner's gun in his body. He was wearing an empty shoulder holster, which fit the gun found emptied at the scene, which killed Faulkner. His own brother, who was being detained by Faulkner at the time of the killing has never testified in this matter.

This, BTW, is in very strong contrast to your signature line: "Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice." I can remember telling one of my son's H.S. friends the preceding facts. His ignorance on fire was courtesy of all the cool people, like Rage Against the Machine, et al. Why bother with facts when you think the people who are cool would never, ever, lie to you?

And just so ya' know. I hold Mumia supporters in the same esteem as 9/11 Truthers and many Obama Birthers. It's a fast forward to, and permanent place on my ignore list.
            Last edited by Kieth M.; 08-03-2010, 02:55 PM.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Mumia has exhausted all possible appeals in the Pennsylvania state courts. The last four Pennsylvania Governors have signed death warrants for him including Ed Rendell. Rendell was the D.A. in Philadelphia at the time of the murder and trial. The problem lies entirely with the Federal courts. Thanks to these extremely liberal judges there hve been only three executions in Pennsylvania since the death penalty was restored. In those cases the inmates had to sue to have their sentences carried out. Because of the liberal Federal judges in PA and the deep pockets of anti-death penalty groups, no death row inmates in Pennsylvania need fear the needle.
              When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

My unlce went to the academy with his former partner Gary Bell.
                I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post

This, BTW, is in very strong contrast to your signature line: "Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice." I can remember telling one of my son's H.S. friends the preceding facts. His ignorance on fire was courtesy of all the cool people, like Rage Against the Machine, et al. Why bother with facts when you think the people who are cool would never, ever, lie to you?

And just so ya' know. I hold Mumia supporters in the same esteem as 9/11 Truthers and many Obama Birthers. It's a fast forward to, and permanent place on my ignore list.

Whoa, Kieth!! My tag line has nothing to do with Mumia or anything like that. It's more like a personal observation of people I have known throughout the years - and how some folks who are "full of crap" seem more believeable because they have passion or are on fire with what they say, even when they are dead wrong. Conversely, folks who are wise and know the truth are bypassed, overlooked or dismissed because they seem boring.

Case in point: the 1996 Presidential campaign of Malcom "Steve" Forbes. His "postcard" simplified tax form was one of the most brilliant ideas ever conceived by a political candidate and would have been a great thing for this country, both on logical and philosophical grounds. However, since he had the personality & charisma of a dead slug, his idea went nowhere and he was perceived as being more dull than Bob Dole! Clinton and his charisma, good looks and passion sealed the deal - even though he really had no kind of tax reform plan at all. I could probably think of more examples, but I am too tired to dwell on it.

I am sorry if my tag line was misconstrued by you to infer that I was somehow a Mumia supporter. I am not - and never was; but I was curious about the publicity surrounding him and why so many screwballs were coming to his defense. By reading the replies to my question, I feel more informed -- and I thank everyone for their input.

While I am a logical person most of the time and try to learn the "real deal" about stuff, I do have respect for those who can reflect passion about their beliefs......even though they may be incorrect. Sorry, Kieth, if I came across otherwise. It wasn't the first time that happened, and probably won't be my last!
                  Last edited by VA Dutch; 08-03-2010, 07:00 PM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Feed him Drain-O. It's Halal.
                    Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

He's not alleged any damned thing. He's been convicted. You might want to look that up. THEY said Tookie was innocent also but he is now pushing up daises.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4516 users online. 197 members and 4319 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X