300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pranks on citizens

Last night one of my co-workers (we are federal security officers) said that on his way home the previous day he saw a Michigan State Police officer hauling fast up the freeway behind him so he pulled over to the far right lane. The state trooper pulled up along side him , flashed him a salute, then sped off down the freeway. Needless to say my co-worker was dumbfounded.

This lead to a discussion about an ex-cop now turned comedian who used to pull stunts on citizens from time to time.

Do any of you admit to pulling pranks on the ordinary citizen from time to time?
    Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

I don't meow what you're talking a-meow-t!
    Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

Well, I have a story and it goes like this...

REDACTED
      REDACTED
      REDACTED
      REDACTED
      REDACTED
      REDACTED

In short, that was one heck of a night!

sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
      I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

No. That never happens. At least, it never happened when I was a police officer. At least, if it happened, I never participated in it.

WHAT THE.......!!!!!!! That lightning strike was close!
        "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
        But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
        "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
        We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

There was this one guy I stopped . . . .

Never mind. I invoke my Fifth Amendment rights.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
          "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Did you read the thread in the squad room already? I thought the headlights/car parked/watch out! story was funneh!
            sigpic

Originally posted by mitojo
            I was once thanked by two citizens in one day. Weird.

Comment

As much as I'd love to hear stories pulled, I doubt we'll get it here. I know one ex cop who turned comedian that had great stories. Unfortunately I can't remember his name, something Anderson I think. I only recognize him by the size of his belly now but he was great. I saw him a couple times.
              www.akdefense.com/articles
              www.twitter.com/akdefense

Comment

Its not so much a prank but I was watching on TV where police officials sent out fake lottery winning notifications to a bunch of people with felony warrants. Something saying that they had won a trip or a TV and to come to claim it.

The bad guys show up, sign in and are greeted by an arrest team....

I dont remember what city it was in... but, I would have loved to be in on that
                Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Reminds me of Al Pacino in "Dog Day Afternoon," where they sent notifications to people with warrants, that they'd won baseball tickets.
                  Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

I would certainly never (ahem) cop to doing anything like that. You will just have to go out and prove it, I admit nothing!

Comment

Local agency here sent out letters informing folks they'd won a free laptop with an appointment time to pick it up. They racked up like 80+ arrests.

Comment

C'mon now. You think everyone on here is going to tell you how they impersonated a police officer? pshhhhhhhh!
                        Been chatting to a girl online. She's funny, sexy and flirty. Now she tells me she is an undercover cop! How cool is that at her age!?

Comment

Originally posted by BCSD Frank View Post
                          Reminds me of Al Pacino in "Dog Day Afternoon," where they sent notifications to people with warrants, that they'd won baseball tickets.
                          I thought he did that in Sea of Love.
                          sigpic
                          Don't make me gassy.
                          You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm. I am keeping my mouth shut on this one!
                            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I won't give out any incriminating information on a public forum, but when a citizen parks next to me while I'm obviously busy in the middle of a traffic stop, don't expect to get the directions you need. Most people that do so end up in the next town over. Buy a TomTom next time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5182 users online. 330 members and 4852 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X