Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Meet Me In Margaritaville" (Jimmy Buffett)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLLawdog
    replied
    That just jumped to the top of my want list, bumping down Montgomery Gentry's My town and Travis Tritt's Strong Enough.

I love Buffett's music. Come Monday is one of my favorites, but I love the entire Floridays CD. Especially Nobody Speaks to the Captain No More.

Did you see THIS!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SGT Dave
    replied
    I think Come Monday has a special place in Jimmy's heart too.

I once heard him say that it did, and he never got tired of singing it (like Margaritaville-he said he still loved it, since it had "paid the rent" for so long.)

He mentions this on the live album Feeding Frenzy also.

It's never been one of my favorites, but I don't dislike it either. It's soft and easy to listen to, and one of the FEW that mainstream radio will play of his (DON'T get me started on THAT!!!!)

It definitely has timeless appeal-it's STILL in his concerts-it's a part of this year's Tiki Time Tour also-

http://margaritaville.com/tour/03set.htm

[ 05-11-2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]

Leave a comment:

• auntysuz63
    replied
    Sgt Dave...my favorite Jimmy Buffet song has been and always will be "Come Monday." About 15 years ago, I saw him in concert and really didn't expect to hear it...he'd had soooo many hits since "Come Monday" came out and I figured that got dropped from his playlist. Much to my pleasant surprise, he did a three hour show (with a 30 min break about halfway through) and he sang them ALL, including "Come Monday." This was probably the absolute best concert I've ever been to, bar none. I don't think of myself as a Parrothead, but I know good music when I hear it and Jimmy's tops in my book.

Leave a comment:

• SGT Dave
    started a topic "Meet Me In Margaritaville" (Jimmy Buffett)

"Meet Me In Margaritaville" (Jimmy Buffett)

TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://mailboatrecords.com/mmim.htm

-

Review by Parrothead Dave (an alter ego of SGT Dave)

Jimmy's latest, "Meet Me In Margaritaville" is awesome, IM (NOT SO) HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, this 2 CD set is mostly ANOTHER compilation album, but hear me out...

This is THE BEST compilation yet!!!!!!!

Why????????????????

As many of you Parrotheads may know, [b]

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4697 users online. 329 members and 4368 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X