300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide in front of my house

Apparently, on December 28th, while I was on my way to Florida, a man walked into the lake in front of my Michigan house and drowned himself. Several people, including a police officer saw him do it. They say he was wearing dark clothes, maybe a wet suit. The water was probably just above freezing so I assume they couldn't just jump in and fish him out. Maybe there was ice on the lake (I wasn't home to know, and it is freezing and thawing daily). Anyway, they didn't find the body (even with helicopters) and no one has been reported missing. Now what? Is a dead body going to wash up on my front lawn this spring? What do I tell my kids if that happens?

Oh, he'll surface. When the inner parts of the body start to decay and create gases that will build up within the body.
    The only problem is it may take a long time due to the cold water.
    " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Don't be too concerned.

The fishing oughtta be great at your house. Can I come over?

Comment

Sure, come on over. Maybe you'll snag him before he floats to the top.

Comment

How come nobody has reported this guy missing yet?

Comment

Lots of possibilities, maybe he was homeless, single with no family, or from another region and has been reported missing.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaliaMoser:
              How come nobody has reported this guy missing yet?
              Hmmm..He could of had a real good insurance policy!!
              " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Maybe noone realizes that he is missing. MAybe he wonders off for a trip here and there and is gone for a month or two so someone might not even know. Then again it could all be a big hoax and your neighbors are getting a good laugh out of it over your expense.

Klar
                Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Don't let the kids get too close & just say it's a big walrus.

Comment

I might think it was a hoax except that I read it in the paper (no, I don't believe everything I read in the papers that's for sure ) and the article said that a couple of citizens saw the guy and called the police. The police came and they also saw the guy. They said he had on dark clothes, perhaps a wetsuit. The only thing I can imagine what that he also had an air tank and swam somewhere nearby and got out - unlikely at best. How far could you swim in ice water? Not to mention that you CAN'T get out without help because of the seawall.

Everytime I see a flock of ducks I think they are having lunch.

Actually he's probably half way down to the Detroit River by now anyway and will wash up on Belle Isle. I'll hang onto the Walrus explanation though, just in case.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: ThaliaMoser ]

Comment

Well, someone must have seen something. Today they are looking for him. The police have a diver or two out looking about 200 ft offshore in front of my next door neighbor's house. There are 3 red bouys(sp?) there and a little raft type boat with a small motor, and they just keep circling around. This has been going on for a couple hours now. the police on shore have binoculars. I haven't seen any sign of anything. I'm surprise he didn't wash downstream a ways. The water has been pretty calm though. No ice at the moment.

Comment

Ohhh, the plot thickens. I just found this in today's paper:

"Grosse Pointe Farms

Lake St. Clair body still unidentified
                        Police said Friday they still don't have the identity of a man whose body washed up on Lake Shore Drive on Thursday. But it could be the same person who walked into Lake St. Clair in Grosse Pointe Shores in December, police said. U.S. Coast Guard crews searched back then for the body, but found nothing. "

So why do they have divers out there today if the body already washed ashore?

Comment

Maybe only part of his body washed up and they are looking for the other half?

Klar
                          Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5659 users online. 325 members and 5334 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X