300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Robert E. Lee's Birthday

I think it is damn nice of our employers to make this a three day weekend to celebrate General Robert E Lee's birthday.

Lee, Robert E(dward) Born January 19, 1807 (1807-70), brilliant Confederate general, whose military genius was probably the greatest single factor in keeping the Confederacy alive through the four years of the American Civil War.
    "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Originally posted by Guard Dog:
    I think it is damn nice of our employers to make this a three day weekend
    What 3-day weekend?
    FREE Website Development for Law Enforcement
    <a href="http://police-websites.org" target="_blank">http://police-websites.org</a>

Comment

The only birthday I knew about this weekend is Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well, I guess in his honor tomorrow since I'm on the range I'll make believe the targets are some gosh darned Yankees!!!!
        "I will not use my patrol car as a desert prerunner unless in pursuit."

Comment

I knew we were shooting 'Smurfs' for a reason! Yee-hawwwwwwww!
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
          -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Originally posted by Guard Dog:
            I think it is damn nice of our employers to make this a three day weekend to celebrate General Robert E Lee's birthday.
            Yeah, WHAT three day weekend?? I don't get a day off 'til Tuesday!
            I guess I'm stuck with double time and a half for the day... thanks General!
            " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Guard Dog I had to look where you were located I thought you were from the south.
              Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Nope I live in the COLD north. I lived for about 1 1/2 years in North Carolina...(Ft. Bragg)

I posted the General Lee holiday topic as a politically humorous tongue in cheek curious factoid about General Lee's birthday. I kind of figured it would spur some southern flag waving but it didn't. I guess those South of the Mason Dixon line figured to leave it alone.

I know many will always see the Confederacy and view General Robert E. Lee as an symbol of slavery, even though history clearly disproves this as not being the main
                issue surrounding the Civil War. Just as the Confederate flag is perceived to be a symbol of slavery, so does the Civil War have the misinformed distinction as being a war over slavery.

Dr. MLK was a very principled man. He died as a result of his convictions. He is one of numerous black men that fought to bring equality to our nation. I believe that if MLK were alive today, there would be much more moderation in the dialog, and our race relationships we now see in this country would be minimized. Many of the influential black leaders that emerged from his shadow, seem to have display disingenuous egos that have hindered the process and may have actually exacerbated the race issues through their own self serving interests .

Comment

Joseph - There are a few of us Yankees around here.

Today was a holiday in California in honor of Dr. King. Since I am retired, holidays are no longer as exciting as they once were. Do you suppose that means I didn't like my job? If you do, you're right.

Comment

Guard Dog you are right, MLK was a great man and i agree with you that alot of Black Leaders today tend to seek fame and fortune for themselves, rather than trying to improve race relations and really gearing themselves to maintain the dreams of Dr. Martin Luther King. And also i would like to hook-up with you when i come to Chicago. I was there in May doing a Jenny Jones show, will be coming bakc out this spring i think, stay safe
                    MIKE

Comment

Originally posted by pups72:
                      I was there in May doing a Jenny Jones show, will be coming bakc out this spring i think, stay safe
                      OK.....Don't leave us hanging

What was the Jenny Jones gig ??????? Inquiring minds gotta know

Comment

pups was there doing the episode "Male Police Bit***s and The Men Who Love Them"

Sorry pups, I couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I love ya man!!!!!!)
                        People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2806 users online. 141 members and 2665 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X