Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Carry On Its Way Out In California?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why anyone would want to openly carry an unloaded firearm is beyond me. Concealed, yes fine, open carry at a push, but overt, empty weapons seems pointless.

But hey, I guess the OC people wanted the press, now they have it....
    It is not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about it is the one that is marked to whom it may concern.

Comment

Look Einstien, I ain't gonna do your home work for ya....

Look at My profile, I am a Professor, not a Gawddamed student.....

I am hold'in a Royal Flush son....Beware
      Originally posted by mookster
      Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
      Originally posted by CityCopDC
      I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
      Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
      I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
      -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by CWCDiver View Post
        Why anyone would want to openly carry an unloaded firearm is beyond me. Concealed, yes fine, open carry at a push, but overt, empty weapons seems pointless.

But hey, I guess the OC people wanted the press, now they have it....

Hey Investigator, nice ta' meet your acquittance..

So How goes it, across tha' pond ???
        Ya Got some good look'in chicks over thar'
        Might Fly over with ma' buddy Trigger...Have a few pints with ya...
        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
          Look Einstien, I ain't gonna do your home work for ya....

Look at My profile, I am a Professor, not a Gawddamed student.....

I am hold'in a Royal Flush son....Beware
          I need a translator for your posts O.o

Comment

Hey Investigator, nice ta' meet your acquittance..

So How goes it, across tha' pond ???
            Ya Got some good look'in chicks over thar'
            Might Fly over with ma' buddy Trigger...Have a few pints with ya...
            Hey there,

Things are very good thanks. Hope all is well Stateside?

Beer is on me if you find yourself in London
            It is not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about it is the one that is marked to whom it may concern.

Comment

Officer,

Stateside ?????

Hell, Reminds me of tha' getto sections of Paris....

Tha' Pleasure would be all mine...
              Beer!!!!

Yes Sir Reee....I sure could use a good old English kidney pie, with about 15 pints of English beer....Yummy...

Tha' Professor of War.
              Alex "Sully" Sullivan
              F.A.C.N.C.O.COM City...
              -Frank

Comment

Originally posted by opencarry View Post
                I need a translator for your posts O.o

Translator Ehhh ???? Here, Here's One ya's can probaBly's unDerstand's..

Sully = LiL Boy
                opencarry = Tire...

Ohhh Yea where's your Data, Skunk hole ????
                -Frank

Comment

Perhaps I am confused.

O.C., which is virtually a non-issue (in terms of the alleged "causing fear and terror in the public) in every state outside of California until one hits the plains, is is such a danger and distraction in that one state?

The questions that comes to mind:

1. Are California Citizens that untrustworthy versus their comrades in other States?

2. Are police in California that improperly/badly trained? Or are their comrades in the other States too lacksidasical?

3. What is wrong with politicians (both legislatural and Sheriffs) in California, that they must fear the Citizens so much?

Please be assured I'm not trying to start a fight here, but every time I hear the California "arguments" against O.C., it makes my eyes cross wondering why its such an issue there and not elsewhere.

Perhaps someone can help clear this up for me?

Comment

asullivan, do you advocate any other Civil Rights to be exercised only covertly?

Why this one?

Comment

I OC'd all over the place today (however, 'cocked and locked' not unloaded like CA.) Always catch a couple people lookin', but no one shat themselves.
                      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by PavePusher View Post
                        The questions that comes to mind:

1. Are California Citizens that untrustworthy versus their comrades in other States?
                        I don't believe anyone here has suggested they are, although you have implied it by your question. Perhaps you can explain it.

2. Are police in California that improperly/badly trained? Or are their comrades in the other States too lacksidasical?
                        I don't think anyone here suggested that either, although again, you have implied it by the wording of your question. Perhaps you can explain your either/or logic and why there might not be other reasons involved.

3. What is wrong with politicians (both legislatural and Sheriffs) in California, that they must fear the Citizens so much?
                        I don't know, can you please tell me? (You are the only one who has suggested this, so I assume you will exlain it to us.)

Please be assured I'm not trying to start a fight here...
                        Yes you are. You ask us multiple choice questions but the only answer option you afford us do not fit. It's like asking us if Mickey Mouse is a cat or a dog and expecting an intelligent response.

I don't think it is appropriate for you to come into a forum, imply a certain set of beliefs or philosophy in a set of questions and then challenge the group to defend against your assumptions with such limited answer options. You sir are a troll. Go away.
                        Last edited by L-1; 06-04-2010, 05:20 AM.
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

asullivan, do you advocate any other Civil Rights to be exercised only covertly?

Why this one?
                          PP, You are a disgrace to the USAF... If you think for 1 microsecond, Being armed is a "civil right"....your dumb lump of penile discharge... Being armed is a right endowed by our Creator.

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                          I OC'd all over the place today (however, 'cocked and locked' not unloaded like CA.) Always catch a couple people lookin', but no one shat themselves.
                          Well Duh Sarge.... #1 ya's a Cop, Walk Like a Cop, Think like a Cop, a Bona fide Firearms instructor, and has a meaner look than Satan himself...

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                          I don't believe anyone here has suggested they are, although you have implied it by your question. Perhaps you can explain it.

I don't think anyone here suggested that either, although again, you have implied it by the wording of your question. Perhaps you can explain your either/or logic and why their might not be other reasons involved.

I don't know, can you please tell me? (You are the only one who has suggested this, so I assume you will explain it to us.)

Yes you are. You ask us multiple choice questions but the only answer option you afford us do not fit. It's like asking us if Mickey Mouse is a cat or a dog and expecting an intelligent response.

I don't think it is appropriate for you to come into a forum, imply a certain set of beliefs or philosophy in a set of questions and then challenge the group to defend against your assumptions with such limited answer options. You sir are a troll. Go away.
                          Damn L1, that was a perfect articulation of English verbalization to a brain dead idiot, I have ever read....Hells bells ya's good...

You Heard Tha' Lt...Hit tha' road scum bag....

Civil Right's my cock.... jezzzzz
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by asullivan; 06-04-2010, 01:51 AM.
                          -Frank

Comment

Translator Ehhh ???? Here, Here's One ya's can probaBly's unDerstand's..

Sully = LiL Boy
                            opencarry = Tire...

Ohhh Yea where's your Data, Skunk hole ????

What data is it you want?

Maybe this? ----> http://www.rosettastone.com/learn-en...evel-1-2-3-4-5

Are you wanting data of OCers being specifically targeted? I could post a ton of articles, videos and audio clips of OCers being unlawfully targeted if you are asking for it, I just do not think it would be well received
                            Last edited by opencarry; 06-04-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Perhaps I am confused.
                              Yes, you are.

Please be assured I'm not trying to start a fight here
                              Yes, you are.
                              Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

John Dillinger once shot a cop he saw hitch up his belt after he got out of his car. Of course that was before most of us were born..........

The HATRED of OC that some people have is very illuminating..................it shows that that person REALLY does not like having CONTROL of other peoples self defense rights. The same folks would probably favor Criminal protection zones where only "special" people can carry.............and also probably favor long and intensive, and expensive training before a person gets a CCW.

In short they are fine with CCW or armed citizens as long as there are very strict rules and controls in place on the process. These folks I would imagine are very uneasy about states like Alaska, VT, and now AZ that pretty much let anybody carry....and in many instances....carry mostly everywhere.

LEO folks that HATE OC.........I would suggest that you study up on the laws before you make a move for a job opportunity..............in OH we have OC rights, and we will KEEP them too, so if you cannot stomach that....stay where you live now. Some folks for a variety of reasons cannot get a CCW (recent move to a state for one example) and these folks should not be disarmed.

Blaming the draconian laws of CALI on people who protest them.............man that is a hoot...............I suppose slavery was the fault of those folks who were opposed to it ??

There are two kinds of people vocally opposed to OC................those that really hate citizens having guns to begin with, and folks who prefer to keep a lower profile in hope that bowing and scraping will keep them off the radar of the gun banners.

I think during the Revolutionary war those that sought to appease their oppressors were called "Tories" ? And I'm sure in every OTHER time of civil rights movements of other kinds there were those that screamed and cried about those stirring things up.........................and clapping their hands with glee when some of those folks got lynched "told you so.............. doesn't pay to stir folks up.............he got what he deserved"

Bill
                                Last edited by willbird; 06-04-2010, 08:03 AM.
                                Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6509 users online. 370 members and 6139 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X