Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Carry On Its Way Out In California?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCSD Frank View Post
    Well, I'm glad to know that CCW permits are becoming easier to obtain. That is, IMO, how it should be.
    Easier?.....where?.......nothing has changed in how CCWs are issued here......there have always been several counties that have issued permits......those counties that issued them before are still issuing them.....those that did not, still arent.....and that will not change anytime soon.....
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Sheesh.... Well, what would happen in the case of someone living in one county where it was nearly impossible to get one, and obtaining one in an adjacent county where it was easier? Would that be legal? I don't understand why the state doesn't just put out statewide standards and leaves it up to individual counties.
      Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by BCSD Frank View Post
        Sheesh.... Well, what would happen in the case of someone living in one county where it was nearly impossible to get one, and obtaining one in an adjacent county where it was easier? Would that be legal? I don't understand why the state doesn't just put out statewide standards and leaves it up to individual counties.
        Nope.....you have to live in the county/city that you are applying for the CCW......but, if you happen to actually get the CCW, it is good statewide.....
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Is it still valid if you move into another county?

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
            Nope.....you have to live in the county/city that you are applying for the CCW......but, if you happen to actually get the CCW, it is good statewide.....
            G'ahhhh.... That makes no sense. Good grief. No wonder people are pizzed.
            Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

I do believe I raised this exact same scenario several months ago when all the OC folk started showing up here squawking there business. Sorry, but I told you so
              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                I do believe I raised this exact same scenario several months ago when all the OC folk started showing up here squawking there business. Sorry, but I told you so
                LOL I remember! Okay Open Carry Bozo's, how'd you do?
                "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

In GA, you have to apply for a permit in the county you reside. However, the standards are the same state wide.

Comment

Colorado use to be a 'may' issue state, with a hodge-podge of county sheriffs making it easy or impossible, 'till we passed a statewide 'shall' issue law. Denver crapped all over themselves for a while. The Colorado Supremes had to slap them down.
                    I'm still waiting for the fabled 'river of blood' that was promised by the Liberal jack-asses.
                    sigpic
                    Don't make me gassy.
                    You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

IMHO the best scenario is "shall issue" but concealed only. OC has no advantage but some disadvantage.
                      Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                        Told us what, it isn't over yet This is not going to end us passing IMO, incorporation is right around the corner

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
                          IMHO the best scenario is "shall issue" but concealed only. OC has no advantage but some disadvantage.
                          as long as people can carry in one form or another I am in agreement with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum View Post

10-4 Chief...... I remember here in AZ. O.C. only... Many moons ago defined loosely as "readably recognizable"....whatever that meant...

...Now we have "shall" and O.C....... The AZ constitution states and I paraphrase, "that the "state" cannot supersede the federal firearms laws"

Before CCW, I had interest in 3 full service gun shops....A few years after that, I met a real rich guy that owned a LEO uniform shop...

We had a sit down...Did tha' math...We became the only LEO distributor for 5 Southwestern states...Including CA. As Leos are aware of, the Fed "letter head" law which exempts LEO's from Fed. excise taxes on Firearms..

I had out of state fed, state, county, Indian reservation Officers drive or fly to my shop, many brought their wifes along ( Combination vacation, business) and would purchase a handgun for them as well... Yes, it was not considered a "straw purchase" in that case...

So to make the story short, I could, and would, sell LEO's firearms 10% under dealer cost...Of course we still made a few bucks and literally drove the competition straight to hell...

Back on track, I always carried a B.U.G. before the shall issue law...I never left a "print"...And every LEO knew it, and they did not give a tinkers damn what I was pack'in..

Today I carry a old S&W pinned bbl. mod. 60....

Sully

Ummmm,, Ya' OC freaks, Go ***** ya' self's...
                            Originally posted by mookster
                            Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                            Originally posted by CityCopDC
                            I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                            Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                            I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                            -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by opencarry View Post
                              as long as people can carry in one form or another I am in agreement with it.

Ya come down ta' Arizona pilgrim.....Stick with me....So while ya gett'in ya's face blowed off or gett'in shot in Tha' back.....It will give me time ta' break leather ...Unless your Ed McGiverns ghost or sump'in..
                              Originally posted by mookster
                              Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                              Originally posted by CityCopDC
                              I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                              Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                              I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                              -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
                                Ya come down ta' Arizona pilgrim.....Stick with me....So while ya gett'in ya's face blowed off or gett'in shot in Tha' back.....It will give me time ta' break leather ...Unless your Ed McGiverns ghost or sump'in..
                                Cite one case where a OCer has been targeted please.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9124 users online. 454 members and 8670 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X