300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacky Warning Labels

I'm sure all of us could come up with a few more.
    =========================================
    Wacky Warning Labels: What, Me Stupid?

Watchdog Group Tracks Frivolous Warnings

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. -- It's a sign of the times, warning labels that companies hope will prevent lawsuits.

But some say they are an insult to your intelligence.

Companies offer detailed, sometimes seemingly ridiculous product warnings in the hopes of preventing frivilous lawsuits that cost them and consumers millions of dollars.
    A Michigan-based watchdog group, M-Law, gives awards for the silliest product warnings.

The Duraflame fireplace log issues a dozen paragraphs of warnings. Among them: "This product presents a risk of fire."

There's a clothing iron that warns that you shouldn't press your clothes while you're wearing them.

A label on a toilet? Recycled flush water unsafe for drinking.

A butane lighter warns: "Do not use near flame."

Nikon warns when operating its cameras: "Care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
    An Ultradisc-2000 CD player's warning says: "Do not use the product as a projectile in a catapult. This could cause personal injury and will void the warranty."
    Michigan Lawsuit Abuse Watch (M-LAW) bills itself as a public watchdog over the court system. M-Law says that its goal is to eliminate the many negative effects that lawsuit abuse has on families, job providers and communities.
    FREE Website Development for Law Enforcement
    <a href="http://police-websites.org" target="_blank">http://police-websites.org</a>

Oh, my God, those are great! This is my favorite...

An Ultradisc-2000 CD player's warning says: "Do not use the product as a projectile in a catapult. This could cause personal injury and will void the warranty."
    For that to be warning, though, evidently someone has done it which makes it even more sad and makes you wonder "well, I guess someone CAN be that stupid".

Comment

On the inside of the car sunshield....."do not operate car with shield in place."

On Pepsi vending machine...."rocking, tipping or turning over of vending machine is dangerous and may cause crushing injuries.

The most obscene is the big warning on the barrels of Ruger guns. (That was one reason I never even thought about buying one.)I'm sure someone has the wording available.
      "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

The best I've seen:

On a bottle of Children's Tylenol: "Do not operate vehicles or heavy machinery when taking Children's Tylenol"
        Lookin' for trouble. That's what we do. That's our job!

Police Explorer
        Post 911 - Plano, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Guard Dog:
          On Pepsi vending machine...."rocking, tipping or turning over of vending machine is dangerous and may cause crushing injuries.
          I actually know the reason behind this warning label. When I was a young SpecOps we had a Pepsi and a Coke machine in our junior high school, well if you grabbed the top area where the drinks got spit out and tipped the machine back then let it hit the wall and bounce back you would get free drinks out of the machine.

Well one day two ANONYMOUS kids couldnt tip the machine because it had just been filled up. So me and this budddy........well anyway, those two kids each got on one corner of the machine and tipped it back, well when the machine came forward it rocked forward falling flat on the ground.

Now fortunately no one was hurt in this incident, but it could have been bad. Imagine the headlines, TWO STUPID TEENS KILLED ATTEMPTING TO STEAL PEPSI'S!!!!

Comment

-------------------
            Last edited by Bearcat06; 02-21-2012, 01:22 PM.
            "It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...."

Comment

The military seems to be a breeding ground for Coke machine mishaps.......... teach them to operate a multi-million dollar tank and they get killed by a Coke machine.

How about this one:
              On Preparation H: Not to be taken orally........ummmm, that's not where hemmorroids usually are is it?

Comment

Some products think they can make us use more of thier product so that we spend more too. LIke a shampoo. "wet hair" Like duhhhh!!! "lather, then rinse- repeat." Ok why repeat my hair is clean by that time why clean clean hair? I wonder if I could sell fresh air freshener to some of these idiots?

Klar
                Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

The most obscene is the big warning on the barrels of Ruger guns. (That was one reason I never even thought about buying one.)I'm sure someone has the wording available.
                  "Before using gun read warning in instruction manual available free from Strum Ruger and Comapany incorporated Southport Conn. USA"

I'm surprised it doesn't say "Warning may cause injury or serious death!"

Klar, the reason they want to repeat washing your hair is because it uses more of the product forcing you to buy more of it sooner than you normally would.

Comment

The warnings on the soda machines stem from a lawsuit against, I believe, K-mart where a teenage boy (15, I think) was crushed by a vending machine and died. His parents sued K-mart and, I think, got a huge settlement. I don't remember the specifics, but I DO remember the case.

My favorite one that I've ever heard though was a warning on the bottom of some type microwave dinner. It said "do not turn this product upside down". HA HA!
                    This post has been rated PG-13 for your viewing pleasure.

Comment

I'd rather Ruger put that warning on (which is on my first run P-85) as a CYA than sell out the way Smith and Wesson did.

Comment

At least they don't engrave the warnings into the guns... oh wait, I shouldn't give anyone any ideas, I do live in CA afterall, that will be next. I read something about a new "disclosure" they are going to put on credit card statements, something along the lines of... "warning, if you only make the minimum payment each month it will take you X years to pay off your balance".
                        Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast_1:
                          At least they don't engrave the warnings into the guns...
                          Surprise...but the Ruger warning is stamped
                          ( engraved) right on the barrel of the gun, ......for ever and ever amen.

Yup...Smith and Wesson sold out, Colt has all but shut down....who's next
                          "The view only changes for the lead dog." ~ Sergeant Preston of The Yukon ~

Comment

Surprise...but the Ruger warning is stamped
                            (engraved) right on the barrel of the gun, ......for ever and ever amen.

I'm gonna check that out the next time I'm in a gun store, that is if there are any left here in CA.
                            Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.

Comment

Save the checking......it's stamped on the slide of both of my P series autos.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4737 users online. 230 members and 4507 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X