300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSI - The Myth

This reminded me of all the myths the CSI series has created, causing the public to harbor many unrealistic expectations as to law enforcement's ability to gather evidence.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

You mean you guys can't solve major crimes in less than an hour?

Comment

I actually lol'ed
      "Get an 45-70. It's tough and you can hunt dinosaurs with it." - M-11 -

45acp, because there is no replacement for displacement.

Comment

Bwhaha awesome

Seriously sometimes it reminds me of final destination scenario deaths they are just to unreal you have to laugh

Comment

Sad thing is people actually believe this crap. I hate that show. I can only hear so many requests to call out csi.
          Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

CSI and Law and Order can solve and prosecute a murder in less than 2hrs.

24 is also terrible. Great to watch. But terrible for public perception.

Back in the real.... As I put in a quart of oil in my car every 400 miles. lol
            Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

What I don't get is how these characters who's supposed job title is "Crime Scene Investigator" are also fully fledged detectives, interrogators, prosecutors, police chiefs and the initial responding units. And no other division ever does anything.

I like factual accuracy. I'm going to write an angry letter and have the show extended by 9 hours in order to show the CSI people looking at every single square inch of the crime scene in hot, stuffy white coats and facemasks (not suits, lol). And then them giving their evidence and conclusions to the real detectives to continue the investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Huddy View Post
                stuffy white coats and facemasks (not suits, lol).
                What about hip-hugger jeans with a gun in a paddle holster hooked over the pants without a belt, 6 inch heels, and a cleavage-cut sleeveless shirt?

Comment

Originally posted by SOI View Post
                  What about hip-hugger jeans with a gun in a paddle holster hooked over the pants without a belt, 6 inch heels, and a cleavage-cut sleeveless shirt?
                  Of course, that's fine. Perfect for crime scene analysis and biological article collection.

Comment

You mean my dreams are fictitious? FML

Comment

It's good that this show is around. If the criminals believe it's true, then maybe it will prevent them from committing crimes.

I taught a CJ class last quarter at ITT. Several students are telling me they're in the field for "CSI." I make it very clear on my opinion about how different it is than TV. Hours of lab work, educational background in a science, years on the street first, and/or very few cases solved due to inadequate evidence.
                      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by Huddy View Post
                        What I don't get is how these characters who's supposed job title is "Crime Scene Investigator" are also fully fledged detectives, interrogators, prosecutors, police chiefs and the initial responding units. And no other division ever does anything.
                        That part of the show turned me away from it at the very beginning. If I say I've watched two episodes, I might be highballing the estimate.
                        sigpic
                        Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                        And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

The only thing I like about those shows are the pretty ladies and the song. Everything else is last week's garbage.

Comment

"See if you can enhance that license plate." Oh yeah, easy beans.
                            I've got some IR photos of a theft in progress, and you can see a plate, but that's it so far. I don't need to see the serial numbers on the validation stickers, I'd be happy with even half the characters from it. Seeing all six would really make my day, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think I'd even pass up looking at the cleavage in exchange for getting that plate number.
                            --
                            Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Bwahahahahaha.

That's awesome.

I still love Law & Order, Law & Order SVU and Law & Order Criminal Intent.

But your saying if you get in a shooting you don't still go back to work instead of getting mandatory days off and having to see a psych?

What?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7442 users online. 437 members and 7005 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X