300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Slipping" on the Radio

So last night, I had a "slip-up" on the radio. In the heat of the moment, I said out loud what I was thinking at the time. And I was pretty embarrassed about it later on.

It started out with me and another officer contacting a guy who was possibly trying to break into a business (it was around 4am). Long story short, this guy resists arrest when I attempt to detain him. We ended up rolling around on pavement for a while, but finally cuffed him and got him in the car.

Well, on the way to the jail... He starts kicking the glass on my cage. I was already exhausted from fighting, but I had to stop him from damaging my car. The other officer was following me and that's when the accident occurred. I told the other officer on the radio I had to pull over, "he's kicking my sh*t."

Luckily this was very early in the morning so there weren't too many that heard it, but still... I couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

Anyone else ever said something into the mic you wish you'd just kept to yourself?

About a year ago, I was out on a fire call for a smoldering telephone poll in back of our local highschool.....
    well upon arriving, the radio traffic was as follows....

"Engine-*** is on location, out with a smoking pole in the rear".... ohhh boy did that one go over well....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Law 134 View Post
      So last night, I had a "slip-up" on the radio. In the heat of the moment, I said out loud what I was thinking at the time. And I was pretty embarrassed about it later on.

It started out with me and another officer contacting a guy who was possibly trying to break into a business (it was around 4am). Long story short, this guy resists arrest when I attempt to detain him. We ended up rolling around on pavement for a while, but finally cuffed him and got him in the car.

Well, on the way to the jail... He starts kicking the glass on my cage. I was already exhausted from fighting, but I had to stop him from damaging my car. The other officer was following me and that's when the accident occurred. I told the other officer on the radio I had to pull over, "he's kicking my sh*t."

Luckily this was very early in the morning so there weren't too many that heard it, but still... I couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

Anyone else ever said something into the mic you wish you'd just kept to yourself?
      Oh yeah, quite often too.

Was keying up to make a traffic stop once on a suspected drunk driver. The car then runs the red light as I hit dispatch, and the only thing I could say as the car got t-boned was "way to go dumba**"

Also, during a foot pursuit of a juvenile thief we deal with constantly, I keyed up to give my location and the mic stuck open and I broadcast "Stop running, I know where you live you f-ing retard."
      Originally posted by K40
      To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
      ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by RJDSRT05 View Post
        About a year ago, I was out on a fire call for a smoldering telephone poll in back of our local highschool.....
        well upon arriving, the radio traffic was as follows....

"Engine-*** is on location, out with a smoking pole in the rear".... ohhh boy did that one go over well....
        So when the firefighters got done "playing," did they put the fire out?

Did they put your fire out?

Originally posted by K40
        To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
        ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

haha, funny stuff

We didnt throw water on it though.... the whole electic thing... just stood by for com-ed.... theres a good 2 hour wait every damn time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RJDSRT05 View Post
            haha, funny stuff

We didnt throw water on it though.... the whole electic thing... just stood by for com-ed.... theres a good 2 hour wait every damn time.
            AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I JUST LOOKED AT YOUR PROFILE!!!

YOU'RE A HOSE DRAGGER?!?!

Geez.

Face palm.

I wouldn't have made the gay joke if I knew it was gonna hit so close to home!

I kid, I kid.

A smoking pole, that's some funny stuff.
            Originally posted by K40

Comment

OHHHHH slip up's happen alllllllllllllllllllllll the time. more than you think. i have a billion stories... I just slipped up the other night... I was doing pushup's at like 3am and when i bent down i keyed up and it stuck... about 30 seconds later after grunting and moving when i was finished the unit said "open mic".. thanks.. coulda told me that 29 seconds ago lol.
              Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

When I worked in GA the local "Alternative Life Style" bar was on my beat, the alarm would go off almost every morning around 2:45 (right after the last person left) Apparently the alarm activation was always in zone "C" which was in the rear. Always good for a laugh.

Ok sorry back on topic

Comment

Back in my military days we were experimenting with a hands free voice activated mic system. Many of us said many things that we shouldn't have, not realizing that our mic would activate whenever we said something. Needless to say, the equipment wasn't used very long.
                  Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

In my first real first pursuit, while running and keying up that i'm in foot pursuit and calling out my location, I totally forgot to let go of the button.... well, I guess I told him to "You better stop effin running you stupid MF'er or i'm gonna effin knock you out..."

I caught him, and afterwords my a sup and I had a few words...just blame it on the adrenaline!
                    "When I close my eyes.....I'll see you on the other side....!!!"

Hate to put it this way skippy, buy every night I suit up and climb in the cruiser I'm at war. I'm always outnumbered, potentially out gunned and always behind enemy lines.

Comment

I once responded to my Sarge sending me to a call to cover for another goof off. I responded "10-4" , let the mic go and said "dumb ass". My flashlight was pressed against my radio and the transmit button was pushed....DOH!!!
                      Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

The "key" ta' embarrassment is tha' "key"....

10-9 ???
                        Last edited by asullivan; 04-13-2010, 04:11 AM. Reason: keyed by mistake, a-hole....
                        Originally posted by mookster
                        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                        Originally posted by CityCopDC
                        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

One officer forgot the offending vehicle description of a robbery just occurred. When I repeated it, he calmly let everyone know, "Fu**, i already passed that vehicle."

And RJDS, we had a structure fire the other night. The FD got it out, but a live wire came down and was laying right on the house. Still took ComEd 5 and a half hours to arrive!

Comment

My favorite is the street Uranus (which for some reason everyone pronounces as "your-anus"). Getting calls on the street or near the street is always good for laughs; especially when we get alarm activations from 69 Uranus...

"Did they run down 17th or up Uranus?" "Can I have another unit code 1 for a walkthrough?" "It's really dark in the backside of Uranus!"

Had a dispatcher call Alemany (St.) "Alimony" which led to some hilarity at her slip-up...
                            "Oro En Paz, Fierro En Guerra"
                            "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
                            - Attributed to both George Orwell and Winston Churchill (unsourced)
                            Californian by birth, Cardinals fan by marriage!

Comment

"SHOWMEYOURPHUKINGHANDS!!HANDS!!!HANDS!!!PHUUUKKKKI NNNNNGGGGHANDSYOUPIECEOF****!!!

Yep. I then let GO of the mic and gave my location to communications. I had some pretty upset partners as I didn't realize I'd gotten the two backwards.
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6604 users online. 346 members and 6258 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X