Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputy suspended for Tasering students at their request at career fair

post deleted
    Last edited by avalon42; 03-13-2015, 07:16 PM.

According to the article on the front page, the metal prongs were removed before use, but still, bad judgement on the Deputies part.
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Hey, a week off, WITH pay? I'd say that's GREAT judgment!

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding...)
      Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

I'm leaning towards this officer being a young guy 22-24 yoa with less than 2 years experience maybe? Probably wasn't the best candidate for a high school career fair...

Comment

Who wants some old fart with a pot belly recruiting kids?

Nope... you gotta send the kid who looks like (insert favorite sports figure or rap artist) to get their attention..

Comment

Originally posted by blargh
            Someone get me this Deputy's name; when I pass the bar, I'm gonna keep an eye on him as a potential revenue stream!
            Sheriff Ed Holte says Deputy John Ortega has been suspended for one week with pay for Thursday's demonstration. Ortega has been a deputy since August 2008.
            The deputy in question is "Deputy John Ortega" in case you missed it....
            Getting shot hurts. Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you. My personal thoughts is to avoid being shot by any caliber.

Comment

You sure you dont want to hit the APA's office? They like to just read the titles too.
              It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Someone forgot to bring common sense to work with them .........
                'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

"But they told me I could do it." What was he thinking. I get asked all the time to Tase people....I want to....but I am not stupid enough to risk a lawsuit.

Comment

My first and only thought is this:

Last edited by Raiden; 04-09-2010, 06:35 PM.

Comment

reminds me of the chick I saw the other day who let a kid "hold" her taser
                      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Last edited by PirateScoobs; 08-22-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
                          reminds me of the chick I saw the other day who let a kid "hold" her taser
                          I bet she was a teacher
                          Have you ever fired your gun up in the air and gone "ahhrgh"? -Danny Butterman

"I'm sure finding that 11mm wrench at the last minute to fix the flux capacitor or whatever gets those guys out of bed in the morning is probably just as much of an adrenaline shot as blowing over a ton of C4 at one time" - CruiserClass

Comment

Originally posted by the article
                            At least one student was treated at a hospital.
                            Was something actually wrong, or was at least one parent just that worried?. Parents consult doctors all the time over stuff that's generally harmless, because they just don't happen to know: tasting mud pies, eating bees, and having hundred degree fevers, rarely kills anyone.. The reporter should have tried to find out whether the kid had needed hospital treatment, and put whatever answer, yes, no, or no answer given, in the article.

After all the threads I've seen here containing YouTube links showing everything from TASER reps demonstrating on civilians, to you all zapping each other, often non-mandatorily, and sometimes not even training connected, I'd have to say I'm not worried.. I think the department would have been smarter to give a statement that TASER demonstrations are common, that TASERs are rarely harmful, that there was definitely minimum risk of danger, etc, etc.. And as far as the kids being minors, and some may have heart problems, they are high schoolers; they are old enough to be away from their parents for hours on end, and to decide whether to play sports or not, be around chemicals or leave the lab, eat potential allergens or abstain, and whether to get zapped with a normally harmless* electrical device or not.

*Pain does not always mean an actual injury.

Last edited by pvtbuddie; 04-10-2010, 03:10 AM.
                            lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.

Comment

So I take it these two would be in some trouble if this scene happened in real life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbpNVcgct6Q

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6398 users online. 344 members and 6054 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X