300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad day / good day

Didn't know what else to call this thread. I lost a long time friend (20+ years) yesterday in an automobile accident. From what I heard he was coming home around 2:15am, lost control, struck an embankment and got ejected. Died from head trauma I've been told. Viewing tomorros, funeral on Wed. This was the bad part.

Working the 3p-11p shift tonight got dispatched to a suicide attempt. Arrived onscene with my ambulance crew.....as always I'm the first one through the door..........see the guy hanging by a sheet from a banister, tied around his neck, toes barely touching the steps....making all kind of "not good" sounds. Thankfully I carry a pocket knife with me......cut him down.....medics/ambulance crew started work on him. Looks like we got there in time. Followed them over to hospital.....signed him in for involuntary mental health evaluation. Guy is an alcoholic/chemical dependant "frequent flier" for us. But.....atleast he's still alive and kicking. Good part.
    Steve

:::hugs Steve:::

I'm sorry about your day. Seems to have been a hell of a Monday for a lot of us. Take care of yourself you hear?

[ 01-28-2003, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Piper ]

Comment

Thanks sugar!! [Wink]
      Steve

Comment

Steve-
        I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Good job on the save!

Comment

I'm so sorry for all you went through, Steve. It's good you talk about it tho. Not good to hold your feelings in. *hugs*

Comment

A life lost & a life saved. Was it a good trade? A good life lost & a redeemable life saved? Don't know. God works in mysterious ways. Is this part of God's plan? Don't know. We will question a lot of things in our lives, won't we? Sorry about your friend...remember him well...& thanks for saving someone else's friend.

Comment

So much for signing this person in for involuntary evaluation.........guy was at our boro building today. Guy almost hangs himself to death......tells everyone that if they let him out he'll try it again!!! So the brainiacs let him out less than 24 hours later?????? What does he have to do to........complete the suicide before someone does something???

Glad I documented in my report that I signed him in for evaluation.......which is supposed to be 5 days minimum!!!
              Steve

Comment

Let me guess...he was drunk and/or drugs so they wouldn't do the 302, right?

Comment

Probably.........didn't feel like calling over and asking why they let him go. Guy said he sold all his music equip (guitar, amps, etc) for crack and now has nothing....doesn't want to live anymore!!!!

Hopefully the next LEO that gets the call carries a knife too!!!!
                  Steve

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4546 users online. 309 members and 4237 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X