Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way of framing diploma/certificates?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way of framing diploma/certificates?

Graduation time is rolling around the corner for me, so I was wondering what some of you do with your diplomas, certificates, etc?

I'm looking for frames that protect against humidity, dirt, UV, and etc. What do they call this type of frame? How much do they usually cost?

quote:
    Originally posted by Kotonk:

I'm looking for frames that protect against humidity, dirt, UV, and etc. What do they call this type of frame? How much do they usually cost?

If you want to protect against humidity, dirt, UV, and all the nasty chemicals in the air, and still display it, you're pretty much stuck with archival lamination, which, sorry, just isn't worth it. Get a cheap frame, an acid-free matboard, and hang it on the wall somewhere, out of direct sunlight.

After all, it's just a diploma.

You *can* take it to a framing shop, and have it "sealed" in a double-mat (acid free, of course), in an anodized aluminum frame with tempered, non-glare, uv-coated glass. Price for an 8.5x11 document (around a 11x13 frame), in the $50-60 range at a decent frame shop, maybe $30-40 at some place like Michael's, or some other craft shop, but, really, it's not going to provide a serious amount of protection.

I keep my diplomas, certificates, etc in a file folder in a drawer.
    Sarcasm: Just another valuable service I provide.

Comment

Keep all mine in sheet protectors in a binder.

That way, I have them for application purposes, or for submitting my training or credentials, etc. They stay clean, don't yellow, and if you put every certificate you get in frames you'll have a BITCH of a time photocopying them all.
      People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3126 users online. 149 members and 2977 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X