300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to say I'm sorry?

I said something really stupid to someone that I care about thanks to my insecurity getting the best of me. I hurt them pretty bad.

What do you do to say your sorry and make things right again? [Frown]

[ 01-27-2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Piper ]

i guess that depends on the person and what their relationship is with you. is it a friend, relative, co-worker, etc?

was it something you did, something you said, etc?

"one size fits all" probably doesn't work here i'm sure in regards to a plain old "i'm sorry" apparently.
    I'll post, You argue.

Comment

[ 04-04-2003, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Frank Booth ]

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Frank Booth:
        Serve them a lemon meringue pie naked.

OK, if you are female and naked, the way to get to my house is.......

I'll post, You argue.

Comment

Nick,

It's someone that is pretty close to me. I basically thought something was one way but it wasn't the case at all! I was mistaken, and a huge mistake at that.

I just don't know how to convey to them that I'm sorry and just a dodo that let her mind get the best of her.

Comment

i don't know Piper...not knowing the whole story and all and i don't want to pry on your personal life, so i really don't know what to tell you. wish i could give ya better advice.
            I'll post, You argue.

Comment

I appreciate it... I guess I'm looking for the right words to say to make it go away. It's just going to take a good talking it out.

O.com is my therapy don't ya know?

Comment

Sometimes it is not what you say, but it is a good long talk.
                Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Say you're sorry and that you were wrong... men love hearing that ****.
                  Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Piper-
                    Truly opening your heart is the way to go. You can't lose, g/f...you are the BEST!!!!!!

Comment

Sometimes just a simple "I'm Sorry" is the best. It also depends on how bad what you said was, in which case then let a little time heel the wound and approach again.

Words hurt worse then a punch most times and sometimes people just aren't in the forgiving mood until they have had time to settle down and think about it.

Good luck.

Comment

Hand her an "I'm sorry" card and tell her you would like to talk after she has read it.
                        All friends have disageements, Piper. I had a huge one with my best friend years ago but we talked it out. It was my fault and I told her so.
                        Let us know how it goes.
                        And nick, no lemon meriguine pie for you. You won't even give up your honey secrets!

Comment

It's all good.

I've already forgave you in my heart. [Wink]
                          People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

if all else fails, go to chuck e. cheese and play ski ball. worries will be over.

Comment

from the info you've provided, it sounds like simply talking to her will be enough -- just be open and genuine about your feelings. I think the fact that you obviously care so much about her feelings will count for a lot.

Of course, if that doesn't work, you can always try Frank's suggestion .
                              "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. " -- ???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4517 users online. 316 members and 4201 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X