X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops arrest entire drunk crew from airline

Cops arrest entire drunk crew from Ukraine airline

by Scott Carmichael (RSS feed) on Mar 11th 2010 at 2:30PM
    We've occasionally written about a captain being pulled from his plane for being over the legal drinking limit, but arresting the entire crew for being drunk? Pretty sure that is a first.

The airline in question is Ukraine based carrier Donbassaero. When local police acted on a tip, they boarded the Yak-42 plane and measured alcohol levels between 0.075 and 0.052 in every member of the crew - flight attendants, pilot and flight engineer. The legal limit in the Ukraine is 0.02.

The airline issued the following statement:

"The exact causes behind the long delay in the departure of the plane are being investigated, after which Donbassaero's management will take adequate measures".

The flight was scheduled to fly from Simferopol to Kiev with 86 passengers and was just several minutes away from its departure time. The passengers ended up leaving for Kiev almost 12 hours late. The incident caught the attention of the federal government who have promised a full investigation.
    sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

That reminds me of the time I was actually dispatched on a 911 call about suspicious helicopters. Ok, if I find them, WTF then? Get on my PA and tell them to land and be ID'd? Jump my car on them from a parking garage?
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Nothing wrong with a preflight drink.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
        Yeah, for the passangers...

Yes, I got the sarc, just playing along.

Comment

Originally posted by TacoMac
          No, no, no...you pull your police issued stinger missle out of the trunk and tell them land or be blown out of the sky.
          They just give us slingshots and cherry bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
            That reminds me of the time I was actually dispatched on a 911 call about suspicious helicopters. Ok, if I find them, WTF then? Get on my PA and tell them to land and be ID'd? Jump my car on them from a parking garage?
            Watch Bruce Willis in Die Hard 4... he's able to crash a patrol car into a helicopter... be sure to take notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Axel Foley
              Sense of purpose where do you get all these weird stories lol. Is there a website?

I have a variety of sources. I should ask the mods for my own weird new or just news section. lol
              sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                That would be AWESOME.

Is that part of EVOC training in Indiana?
                “Let him go, Lou. Someone driving that fast has no time for a ticket.”
                -Chief Wiggum

Comment

Those Ukrainians sure know how to fly!

I think this was the tip off:

sigpic
                  Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                  And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
                    : .. my 100 YO irish grandma gave me this best script for my grandpa in the war, for every pint he drank, drink 2 cups of ice cold water and a splash of vinegar when he's flying. grandpa confirmed. hell, i splash vinegar on almost everything. made my life full of hot vinegar!
                    break censorship chains

Comment

Originally posted by Axel Foley
                      Sense of purpose where do you get all these weird stories lol. Is there a website?
                      Fark.com?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6007 users online. 288 members and 5719 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                      X