300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good enough?

I am so critical of myself and my artwork when I compare it to others' work.

Please tell me what you think. Honesty please This is a portrait of my cat "Gina". I just finished it today. It took about 4 hours work.

http://www.homestead.com/lejourbr/files/ginaport.jpg
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Very nice

It reminds me of some of my late Father's artwork.

He didn't think he was very good either. I'll have to shoot some digital pics of his paintings one of these days.

Personally, I'd like to see more examples....
    Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

Well...it DOES look like a cat.
      Seriously....as a former Art teacher, I like it. Personally, I've always envied people that can PAINT....and have the finished piece look so nice. I chose to concentrate on pen and inks and charcoals.

Again. Nice work. [Wink]
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

Tis beautiful!

Comment

Thank you everyone, i appreciate it
          "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

It Gorgeous! I use many mediums. If you'd like to see some of my art work, go to http://www.picturetrails.com/janie2
            I do some watercoloring but I favor graphite.
            You did a wonderful job!

[ 01-07-2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Mitzi ]

Comment

Beautiful! You are very talented!

Comment

It's very pretty. I would like a copy with a cobalt blue background.
                "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

I wouldn't call myself Mr. Art. However, I have been to the Museum of Fine Art in Boston 2 times. I think that it a fine job.
                  Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

If anyone would like thier pet done for free please let me know. FREE, but I can use the photo of the painting in my portfolio. Limit 5 ...first 5 people with the clearest photos.

You all letting me paint your dog or cat, or bird, etc. will also help me get started.

Think about it then let me know. I'll need a close up photo of your pet, preferibly with a digital camera. Take the photo with the red eye filter on when using the flash indoors, or the best light would be outside NOT in direct sunlight. Any markings should be perfectly clear.

Thanks for all your opinions.

[ 01-07-2003, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]

Comment

JKT:

Here are 2 more of my pieces. My Dad's cats which I did before Christmas and an old pastel drawing of his dog, that I did back in 1987.

http://www.homestead.com/lejourbr/files/gcats.jpg

http://www.homestead.com/lejourbr/files/josh2.jpg

Comment

Dang, those are very good. They're drawings? Look like photos. Very good!

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Tprspouse:
                          JKT:

Here are 2 more of my pieces. My Dad's cats which I did before Christmas and an old pastel drawing of his dog, that I did back in 1987.

http://www.homestead.com/lejourbr/files/gcats.jpg

http://www.homestead.com/lejourbr/files/josh2.jpg

Lisa, those look great!!

You've picked a none too easy subject to work with. My Father did a lot of painting from photos, but he mostly did landscapes and scenics. I'm by no means an expert, but I do know what I like.

And you do have talent.

Dad used to keep a sketch pad next to his chair, was constantly sketching football players, TV characters, etc., just to "keep in practice".

I will try and get some pics of a few of his paintings this weekend.

Keep up the good work.
                          Optimistic pessimist: Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

Jack

[email protected]

Comment

JKT, that'd be neat if you could show us some of your dad's sketches! I'm looking forward to it.

I am working on a pencil sketch of my basset hound right now. I want to get your opinions on whether I should do watercolors or pencil. Pencil is looking 10x better! To me, at least

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Tprspouse:
                              If anyone would like thier pet done for free please let me know. FREE, but I can use the photo of the painting in my portfolio. Limit 5 ...first 5 people with the clearest photos.

You all letting me paint your dog or cat, or bird, etc. will also help me get started.

Think about it then let me know. I'll need a close up photo of your pet, preferibly with a digital camera. Take the photo with the red eye filter on when using the flash indoors, or the best light would be outside NOT in direct sunlight. Any markings should be perfectly clear.

Thanks for all your opinions.

I would love it if you did one of my dog. I have a few good digital photos you could choose from. Is the offer still open?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4501 users online. 312 members and 4189 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X