300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS is how people get killed!

Around 1045 this AM, myself and the only other officer working were sent on a 'kidnapping in progress' call.

Dispatch advised us that the caller was discribing the event as it happened near his house. The caller stated a man was attempting to force his way into a woman's car, beating on the window, attempting to break it.

I approached from one direction, the other officer a different one. He went '10-97 about 10 seconds before I did. Our arrival found a car abandoned in the middle of the road, no driver or other occupants around.

The complainant on the scene advised us that everyone had gotten into another car and left the scene. We advised dispatch of car discription, color and direction of travel. Dispatch sent out a BOLO.

Not 2 minutes later, dispatch advised us of a '911' call from a trailer park just down the road. THIS caller stated a man had a woman inside a house trailer and was refusing to allow her to leave. You think....?

Upon arrival, 3 female juveniles were outside the trailer. They stated their other female friend was inside the trailer with the male suspect.

My partner went to the front door while I covered him. He made contact with the 'kidnapped' subject and ordered her outside. The male involved, however, refused to come out.

We had no idea what he was armed with, if anything and treated it as a 'barricaded subject'. We had dispatch attempt to contact our 'tactical supervisor' without success. Ditto his 2nd in command. Two deputies arrived and we had then cover the outside of the trailer. Then the 'fun' began.....

We made a quick 'game plan' and went at it. I'm shorter than he is, so I went 'low' and he went 'high'. I entered the trailer first, 'slicing the pie', all the time shouting 'POLICE!'. No response.

The hallway was next. Edging up to the corner, I peered around and shouted the suspect's name. Did I mention this was 'yet another' of my former students?

I shouted his name and strongly advised him that it would be in his best interest to 'come out NOW!'. He did...claiming he wasn't armed, then froze when he saw my pistol trained on his chest.

We held him at gunpoint, had him raise his clothing, turn around, etc, until we were satisfied he wasn't armed, had him walk down the hallway to us, then took him down, cuffed him, frisked him and placed him in a car.

If you remember, this began as a reported 'kidnapping'. What was 'kidnapped' was the previously mentioned 'kidnapee's' car keys. Yep...SHE had wanted to leave him, so HE took her car keys.

SOMEWHERE in between what REALLY happened, what dispatch HEARD reported to them, what dispatch told US...and what WE found upon arrival at the scene(s), were 2 VERY different things.

THIS is the kind of call that gets people KILLED, folks.

Addendum:

The car was 'abandoned' due to it having slipped its timing chain. It belonged to the male suspect. The car used to transport the 'kidnapee' and male suspect to the trailer park belonged to the 'kidnapee'. She just 'happened' across him, as she was returning from her new boyfriend's house.

The initial report was based on what the caller THOUGHT was happening. He witnessed a 'confrontation', arguing, etc and saw the male suspect enter the 'kidnapee's' car amid the argument.

The 'kidnapee' and male suspect are...were....lovers. She was supposedly two-timing him, he found out about it and was attempting to prevent her from 'seeing' her new lover, hence his taking her keys.

After securing the suspect, one of the deputies 'sat on him'...literally...while myself and my partner cleared the rest of the trailer.

What REALLY makes me angry, is the thought of all those mid-morning Sunday drivers that myself and my partner...and the fellow deputies....'placed at risk' with our 'Code 3' rsponses....all over a freakin' set of KEYS!

[ 01-26-2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

I think the key phrase here is "trailer park"

Ken
    The Moral Majority is.......neither!!

Comment

***applauds*** Good Job Shooter. Did anyone question the kidnappee while all this was going on??? To find out what the hell it was all about? Yanno, get her story???.. and how long before you got her story did you realize what a C.O.W. it was? I hate it when we get things like this... Happens all the time.

The THEN, what really ****es me off is that you get the "so called" victim screaming... LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!! or getting in your way, making your job even harder and more dangerous.

Kudos Darlin
      Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

EVERYONE involved was taken down to the PD, isolated and told to submit written statements re: what actually happened. Apparently, the 'confusion' entered the picture when statements made(to 911) about what the suspect had done in the PAST, seemed to imply these were happening NOW.

In the past, the suspect HAD broken his girlfriend's car window, HAD struck her, etc....but not THIS time.
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3595 users online. 201 members and 3394 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X