300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAT Cops(NY)

I was coming home from work today and saw an Highway patrol officer on Long Island, who literally looked like Chris Farley in uniform. This is the same dept. that expects their candidates do 29 pushups,38 situps and 1.5 mile run in 12:29 in order to attend the acadmey. So why not enforce at least some type of fitness afterwards in order to properly do the job? I know these guys are always under scrutiny for getting paid 100k+ a year, which I believe all cops truly deserve. But when I think about it...How could he possibly be in any type of foot chase?
    Last edited by thecongo; 02-06-2010, 07:27 AM.

Just noticed a thread similar to this...

Comment

Originally posted by thecongo View Post
      But when I think about it...How could he possibly be in any type of foot chase?
      There is an easy way to find out!
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

There are skinny or medium sized people who can't run to save their lives so I really don't see the point. Yes it might look sloppy to the general public but who cares. That's why god invented radios.
        We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

He wasnt fat.. he was just big boned.
          Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

He was actually a tall man.. but gravity was just really bearing down on him that day.

Comment

your window made him look wider than he appeared to be.

Comment

There were actually 2 officers standing next to eachother

Comment

Lol, too much time on your hands huh.
                  We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Yes because he can out run radios and bullets, that TROOPER has probably been on the job for 20 years and can recite statutes off the top of his head that you couldnt look up if I gave you the book.

Also: COPS are citizens on patrol, ide like to know whose paying them over 100k a year.

Law Enforcement Officer - LEO for short.

Get educated before you start bashing people, there are a few older / bigger guys at my agency and ide rather them back me then some of the others we have.
                    Have you ever fired your gun up in the air and gone "ahhrgh"? -Danny Butterman

"I'm sure finding that 11mm wrench at the last minute to fix the flux capacitor or whatever gets those guys out of bed in the morning is probably just as much of an adrenaline shot as blowing over a ton of C4 at one time" - CruiserClass

Comment

Originally posted by nasa808 View Post
                      Lol, too much time on your hands huh.
                      EOW in less than 30 minutes... very happy.. been here since 1900 last night.. eow at 0700

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
                        EOW in less than 30 minutes... very happy.. been here since 1900 last night.. eow at 0700
                        Silly SBSO its 0937 go home sir. *I don't recognize time zones as being legit*
                        Have you ever fired your gun up in the air and gone "ahhrgh"? -Danny Butterman

"I'm sure finding that 11mm wrench at the last minute to fix the flux capacitor or whatever gets those guys out of bed in the morning is probably just as much of an adrenaline shot as blowing over a ton of C4 at one time" - CruiserClass

Comment

Originally posted by thecongo View Post
                          I was coming home from work today and saw an Highway patrol officer on Long Island, who literally looked like Chris Farley in uniform. This is the same dept. that expects their candidates do 29 pushups,38 situps and 1.5 mile run in 12:29 in order to attend the acadmey. So why not enforce at least some type of fitness afterwards in order to properly do the job? I know these guys are always under scrutiny for getting paid 100k+ a year, which I believe all cops truly deserve. But when I think about it...How could he possibly be in any type of foot chase?
                          So exactly how many times have you tried to get on the job and been turned down?
                          "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
                          but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

^^^^^

I was thinking that myself lol
                            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

With the cost of living in that area, 100K really isn't that much.
                              If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2184 users online. 135 members and 2049 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X