Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would set up a motion detecting crossbow rig in the yard so the next time that little furry menance poked its head out of the ground it would be a nice piece of mole shishkabob. I heard they are tasty little buggers.

Klar
    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Looked on google, and the moles are building dens for spring reproduction orgies! They have 3 babies each, so a quick multiplication says I will have about 30 more moles in 6 weeks!

That's enough for a BBQ-you all are invited, bring your own mole catcher please!

Friday

Comment

I think a more military solution is needed. Call the Army. Tell thim that you have a great training ground for Special Forces and Rangers. Let the spec. ops guys come over to your place to practice rooting out Taliban in the caves of Afghanistan. Just tell'em to pretend that the moles are little blind Osama bin Ladens.
        Don't Fight Fair!
        Fight To Win!

Comment

Maybe they can bring their little remote cameras on wheels and I could make an expose' movie for Animal Planet! See the moles make tunnels, mounds, babies, eat grubs and make humans tear out their hair!

I have a mole city, just need a few street signs, traffic lights and a McDonald's and then I can charge admission.

Driving up at night, it resembles a Mars landscape.

Why me! Does my yard have the yummiest grubs?

Friday

Comment

You have found yourself a bonafide mole expert. After they began assaulting my last house, we tried all sorts of methods (lethal and non-lethal) to deal with them -- cat litter in their tunnels, Juicy Fruit chewing gum, spring traps -- to no avail. Then someone suggested pinwheels. You know, the kids' toys that cost about 25 cents at the five-and-dime (well, five-and-2 dimes, I guess). Any time a mole would start making it's way into our yard from the neighbors, we would set up 3-4 pinwheels around the area. Apparently the vibrations from the pinwheels irritate the moles. I can't vouch for its truthfulness, but I can vouch for the results. Worked like a charm.

My problem with my new house is that I have 2 acres surrounded by corn fields, horse pasture and farrow fields. I've got 'em coming in from north, south, east and west! I would need about 500 pinwheels to effectively do the job, plus my house would look like a Liliputian wind generator site.

I've heard about the Grub-B-Gone, or whatever it's called, but it's fairly expensive -- not so much if you only have 1/4 acre, but way too much if you have to treat 2 acres. Next year, I plan on trying castor oil all around the perimeter -- supposedly they don't like the smell.

If that doesn't work, I may have to bring in the big gun:
            http://www.rodex4000.com/r4000.html
            Send away for the free video, it's a gas (pun intended).

Death to the Eastern Star-Nosed Mole!!!
            Caution and worry never accomplished anything.

Comment

Yeah...and then people will start calling you "that crazy pinwheel guy..." hehe

I also tried the smoke bombs, but again with an acre and a half i'd need too many. i have seen vibration devices (dont even go there! ) that plug into the ground and run on batteries that do the same as the pinwheels do. just need to make sure the batteries are working, and buy however many you need for the size of the yard.
              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by kirch:
                If that doesn't work, I may have to bring in the big gun:
                http://www.rodex4000.com/r4000.html
                Send away for the free video, it's a gas (pun intended).
                That thing kicks some serious butt!!!

Comment

My Grandfather got rid of them by sticking some cheep gum (doublemint or something like that)

down in those mole holes... They try to eat it and gum up their little mouths, or it poisons them or something... anyway. It worked on some of them he had.

His .22 finished the rest that got smart and didn't eat em...
                  Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

My Grandfather got rid of them by asking me to show him where the cute things were. Whne I did, he blew them away with a shotgun right in front of me. I didn't like him very much then!

[ 01-14-2002: Message edited by: wonderwoman ]

Comment

Wait -- it just dawned on me that somebody has a YARD this time of year!

What are you complaining about?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2596 users online. 188 members and 2408 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X