300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper or plastic?

When I go in the grocery store, at the check out counter, they always ask me, "Paper or plastic?"

This has been going on for years, and since this is not a thing isolated to Texas, I am pretty sure most of you have had this question thrust at you as well. But does it really matter to you? It doesn't to me. I mean, I don't care what kind of sack they put my food in. Why should I?

For years now, I have been asked this question and I always tell them, "I don't care." Do you?

One day not long ago when the checker had finished tabulating my purchase, she told me how much the total was. Acting quickly, I opened my wallet exposing my cash and some credit cards and asked her, "Paper or plastic?" She was not amused.

So again I ask, why should I care what kind of sack is used?

For years and years now I have shopped at the same store, and sometimes I notice that other people ask for plastic mostly and don't seem to want paper. I mean, it's an issue with them, or so it seems.

So I decided I would ask my doctor about this. I told him when I go to the grocery store, I always get asked, "Paper or plastic?", but that I don't care. He asked me how long I have felt this way and I told him always. That I must have been born like that, and that there was no way this could be a learned behavoir. My doctor consulted medical texts and finally came up with what he believes is the root of my ambivilence.

I am bisacksual. I must be.

I work in a grocery store as a cashier. I also have to bag groceries occasionally...all I can say is choose plastic! Please! Do it for the children! It's a heck of a lot easier and faster for us to bag with plastic than it is with paper...and I've noticed that the majority of people that ask for paper are 40+ women with glasses and a courtesy problem...
    Lookin' for trouble. That's what we do. That's our job!

Police Explorer
    Post 911 - Plano, Texas

Comment

I take plastic. But you could get more stuff into a paper bag. Less bags to carry. They'd be a little heavier but it would take less space in the car.
      FREE Website Development for Law Enforcement
      <a href="http://police-websites.org" target="_blank">http://police-websites.org</a>

Comment

How could you not have a preference??? What kind of twisted psyche would allow someone not to care either way?! Sicko!

Plastic bags have handles so they are much easier to carry

For the heavy or glass stuff you have to get paper in plastic though...then you have all angles covered.

Must I teach you people everything?
        "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

'Round here you get plastic unless you ask for paper...

It saves the stupid questions and the baggers preffer the plastic anyway... so everyone is happy.
          Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

I must say that in retrospect, I hope I've not offended anyone who prefers conventional sacks, over artificial sacks.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: MikeTx ]

Comment

Hey! Don't knock it....some months if it wasn't for artificial sacks I would get no sacks at all
              "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program" ~George W. Bush, November 2, 2000

Comment

Besides being easier to carry, the plastic ones are good for use in small wastebaskets. Saves buying bags. When they're full, you tie the little handles into a nice neat package.

Comment

Originally posted by Niteshift:
                  Besides being easier to carry, the plastic ones are good for use in small wastebaskets. Saves buying bags. When they're full, you tie the little handles into a nice neat package.
                  So, you admit you prefer atrificial sacks to the real thing?

Comment

Great topic Mike and I love the presentation!

I like the paper ones much better because I store stuff in them when I have unloaded them. Plastic I will ask for if I am running out of kitty litter bags!

Comment

Originally posted by goodgirl:
                      Hey! Don't knock it....some months if it wasn't for artificial sacks I would get no sacks at all
                      Question, do you use accessories on your artificial sacks, or is it strictly conventional?
                      Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

"Question, do you use accessories on your artificial sacks, or is it strictly conventional?"

Nothing about me is conventional!

Mike: I think Niteshift is just saying that he likes a neat little package

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: goodgirl ]

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTx:
                          I am bisacksual. I must be.
                          I just looked that up and it is defined as "one who uses 2 of either paper, leather, satin, plastic, wool, vinyl, velvet, and rubber, in order to hold contents of a various nature while proceeding from one location to another."

Comment

I said articifical sacks are more convieniant and cheaper

Nothing wrong with cheap, easy sacks.

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Niteshift ]

Comment

When asked, I always reply, "both".
                              "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6017 users online. 362 members and 5655 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X