Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behavior detection training... human lie detector?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behavior detection training... human lie detector?

I imagine some folks may laugh at me for asking this, but I don't care.

Has anyone here ever received training in behavior detection - i.e. specific training on when someone is fibbing? If so, did you find it effective?

This came to mind when reading through other threads and behavioral detection officers being mentioned in airports. This, and the fact that I like the show Lie To Me.

I'm asking because if I knew of a specific course, whether a learning on your own type setup or a classroom instructional course, I'd sign up in a minute. I find that stuff fascinating.

Thanks folks!

The BDO'S for TSA are a joke.

Any interview and interrogation course is a plus. Look into interview and interrogation.

Went to one called Reading between the LInES. It was very informative.
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

kinesic interview...been there done that, it works unless your interviewing someone with the same training.
      In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Can't interrogate the interrogator
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

if you have a regional counterdrug academy close they usually offer the I & I class, it was very helpful, but as others have said you can't bs an old bs'er...
          It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
          Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Have you ever watched Lie to Me? Obviously, it's been turned Hollywood but it is based on some decent science.

Check this out http://www.paulekman.com/

If you think about, the expressions they're pointing out on the show are accurate... it's just a matter of being able to recognize it.

There has to be some LE related class out there that's loosely based on this research.

Comment

I know a very good method of determining whether or not a politician is lying.

If his lips are moving, then he is not telling the truth.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

According to Steven Seagal: Lawman:

"A flick of the wrist, a blink of the eye."

Hahahahaha

Comment

Like everyone else said... any I&I class will teach it. It isn't necessarily the whole "Anyone who looks to the left and blinks their right eye while scratching their shin with their elbow is lying"... or whatever that chart says... but you learn what to look for.

Comment

Ive heard of wicklander & zulawski that teach various levels of interviewing techniques that may be close to what your looking for.
                    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

There's a number of places to receive "Behavior Analysis" based interview/interrogation training in CA. Probably the best (and POST approved) is the Behavior Analysis Training Institute (aka: "BATI") located in San Jose. I've attended their basic and advanced classes, in addition to similar training from Reid and Associates (based in Chicago, IL). LAPD and Vernon Geberth (retired NYPD: "Practical Homicide" training seminars) also provide excellent training as part of other investigative educational programs.

The more places you go, the more you listen about the science of interview and interrogation, and the more often you practice the techniques taught, the better you get. I've only forced myself to sit through the TV show once and found it to be pretty hokey. Like the "CSI" programs, it is "reality based", but greatly exaggerates a lot of the science involved.
                      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I've been interviewed by one when I went to Tel Aviv. The process went pretty quickly.

Comment

I went to one...I learned how to make "aura sticks" that could be used to detect the "mood" of the person. No kidding. It was put on by my county. It was taught by a PhD. Seriously. I actually went twice as it didn't "take" the first time...
                          Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4963 users online. 233 members and 4730 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X