X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Blues

NYPD Blues

Be Safe Wear Your Vest

As per 2000 contract, Suffolk Co. is now making $48,500 starting salary, and $105,000 after 5 years with "police officer" status. Pay is increased as rank elevates. Working here in Suffolk definately has it's setbacks. For one...the chance for promotion is nothing compared to the NYPD. But you guys out there definately need to see more money. People shouldn't have to put up with the crap that you do for such little money. I'm willing to bet you could go stock shelves at K-Mart and come pretty damn close to the salary of the NYPD. Very sad. Hopefully the new mayor, Bloomberg, will remedy this. If not, the PD will be in some serious trouble. Shortages, that don't show any signs of slowing down, morale at its lowest. Lets not forget the big "c" word that comes along with such a hurting department...CORRUPTION. All the above factors will eventually end up leading to corruption. With pay so low, and life so ****ty, it's easy to see why a PO may take $2G from some hood to get himself out of a collar. Shaking down dealers becomes almost attractive when your paycheck is so low. It really is horrible what Mayor ********iani did to the department.

Jay
    Suffolk CO. Police Department
    Long Island, NY

Comment

Lemme just think out loud for a minute.

Hmmmm....26 years, 3 promotions, same big-city problems, same ugly politics, same bad morale and image issues....and I make about the same as a patrolman in NYC....roughly half what a cop on Long Island makes....and I never get any overtime.

You've made my day.

Comment

Dinosaur...are you happy? If so, then the money shouldn't matter. You've moved up through the ranks, gotten respect, become somebody important, and are living at the very least a good life. I dont see anything wrong there. Certainly no reason to frown!

Jay
        Suffolk County police Department
        Long Island, NY

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4476 users online. 306 members and 4170 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X