300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will never happen, but..

What would you think of providing repeat drug offenders, say, a few grand worth of free drugs to anyone who agrees to get sterilized in return? Think, fewer kids abused, fewer welfare expenses, etc.... Wouldn't society benefit overall? Sure the property crime would continue once the drugs ran out, but at least no future kids would have to (from conception to detoxing immediately after birth to CPS removal to druggie parents back to foster care back to the druggies, then back again to foster care etc.) suffer for their behavior.

It's been done, although in a different form. There was, a few years back, a woman in CA offering crack addict women $1,000(?) to undergo sterilization. Many did.

Edited to add: Here's a group in Philidelphia, run by that CA woman, doing it as we speak, for just $200 a pop!

http://www.projectprevention.org/

And, here's a Google link to others articles showing it's been tried elsewhere:

http://www.google.com/search?q=offer...rlz=1I7SUNA_en
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 12-12-2009, 11:33 AM.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the info. I wonder if male druggies(even if they're unknown, they're still providing the sperm, thereby causing the pregnancies too) would be more willing to accept sterilization in return for money than females.

Comment

I know some people strongly object to this but I tend to think that if you are on any type of welfare you should have to be on something that makes you temporarily sterile. I'm pretty sure they have a birth control shot and surely there is some male equivalent. If you can't take care of yourself or your kids as is there is no need to add to the problem.
        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

I also agree with it. The way things are going, the Government needs to make population control a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetcynic View Post
            Hey, thanks for the info. I wonder if male druggies(even if they're unknown, they're still providing the sperm, thereby causing the pregnancies too) would be more willing to accept sterilization in return for money than females.
            Most guys in that sub-culture are, let's say, of the kind who might view the snip-snip, burn-burn, routine as something which would affect their manliness. Besides, the real player in this whole mess is the female womb. A female crack addict who sells her sexual wares can do so to a non-addict and get PG.
            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. Then maybe they might even od. BONUS!

World_So_Cold

Comment

a few grand worth of free drugs
                That would kinda defeat the purpose of war on drugs though. I wouldn't want an army of PCP users roaming the streets

Futurelaw

Comment

you are right! it will not happen. why ? that's nazism. when the system start to screw around with human reproduction, sterilization of whatever you dont like falls in that catergory of facism and nazism. what idiot would have thunk it up? hitler did. but i wouldnt mind it if there's a law of casatration(sp?) for child molesters.
                  Last edited by pfchell; 12-12-2009, 06:24 PM.
                  break censorship chains

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen85 View Post
                    I know some people strongly object to this but I tend to think that if you are on any type of welfare you should have to be on something that makes you temporarily sterile. I'm pretty sure they have a birth control shot and surely there is some male equivalent. If you can't take care of yourself or your kids as is there is no need to add to the problem.
                    Welfare provides aid to more than the families that we encounter. Just because we deal with the men and women that abuse the system doesnt mean that there arent families that are greatful to have the aid of welfare.
                    Striving to create a world in which I am no longer needed. 1*

Comment

Interesting stats I got from that site:

3,150 - Total number of paid clients.
                      13,972 - Total number of pregnancies. (Not including miscarriages)
                      9,889 - Total number of births (some resulted in multiple births).
                      4,100 - Total number of abortions
                      629 - Stillborn births. Also, another 341 had very brief lives, dying soon after birth from complications.
                      5,540- Total number of these children remaining in foster care to date.
                      1,059 have chosen Depo-Provera, 1,193 Tubal Ligation, 758 IUD, 72 Implanon, 38 Norplant, and 29 Vasectomies.

Comment

Originally posted by IAO View Post
                        Welfare provides aid to more than the families that we encounter. Just because we deal with the men and women that abuse the system doesnt mean that there arent families that are greatful to have the aid of welfare.
                        I'm sorry if you took anything I said as being contrary to what you've said. I think welfare programs are a great thing all I am talking about here is if you have a family with two kids and the government is essentially already taking care of those two kids I don't think those people should necessarily have the right (so to speak) to pop out a third kid that the rest of us will care for. I am talking about birth control as a stipulation of receiving government aid not some sort of sweeping eugenics program against he poor. Sorry if the original post was overly crass.
                        "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

Hitler pretty much made it impossible to have a rational discussion about gov't sponsored birth control.

That being said, voluntary non-government sterilization-for-cash programs seem like a great idea. Basically what it sounds like that women in Philly is doing. Especially if they have the option to go with something easily reversible like Norplant. People in precarious economic situations wouldn't get the huge financial burden of an accidental pregnancy, and the cash bonus (depending on how big it is) would certainly be useful.

Comment

Welfare programs are not good.
                            Airborne Cops are closer to God.
                            Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

It is okay for society to have a 'safety net' for people who really might need it....but that's no excuse for so many to treat it as a hammock!

As the old saying goes, "If you can't feed 'em, then don't breed 'em."

In all seriousness, the administrators and bureaucrats who run welfare programs would bristle at the idea of reducing the dependent population. Poverty is big business, you know, and it is in their best interest to keep more and more people dependent upon them for their subsistence. If their programs worked effectively, many of them would be unemployed.

Think about what would happen if women on welfare were able to get more money for every month they did not get pregnant. Many of the problems we have would disappear after one or two generations. Can't have that kind of success now, can we?

Very few government programs are really ever honestly established to actually succeed!!

~ Call me apathtetic, but I just don't care. ~
                              Last edited by VA Dutch; 12-13-2009, 10:13 AM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4855 users online. 328 members and 4527 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X