300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Job

Well, I am officially an intern with the Austin Police Department's High Tech Crime's unit. I work with several very nice detectives who are letting me help them with some of their cases. I am learning soooo much and am having a great time. I'm going to ask the seargent in charge of the special crimes units tomorrow if it would be possible for me to work with the alcohol enforcement team to do stings with them at local 7-11s.

On a side note, I had also applied for 5 positions with the Texas DPS, in different areas like narcotics, records, etc... for a clerk position. I interviewed on a Friday, and they told me they would be letting us know later that week. I have a friend who works in the narc unit who told me bright and early Monday morning, all of the positions were filled by relatives of the "higher ups." I say screw em. They don't know what they're missing.

Tex
    KD5HQD

good luck on your summer time fun and I hope that you are able to learn a lot about police work so that you have some good experiance building up to assist you in the academy years that are sure to come.

Klar
    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Good Luck. It sure seems like you headed in the right direction, have a summer job and picking up some knowledge. Good for you.
      Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Hey Kyle, that is just great! Just remember to be thankful that you are a LE intern and not an intern for Clinton!

Seriously, keep us posted on what is going on with you!
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5874 users online. 345 members and 5529 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X