Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Dept and jail hit by tornado...

This is just north of me. 14 confirmed dead so far.

Tornado
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

oh my, I pray for the familys for the loss of their loved ones.
    One of those cases where you never know when your times gonna come.

quote:
    The storm began in the Midwest earlier Sunday and killed 28. It packed winds of at least 100 mph, golf-ball sized hail, heavy rains and lightning.
    Royce is a Lady

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear this. How sad. [Frown]

Comment

This was fairly close to me as while. Tornados were all around this area last night. In fact, Shelby County is under a Tornado Watch as I type this. Those killed or injured will be in my prayers tonight.

Comment

For all of you in tornado country, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
          "Americans don't want a mentally unstable president; he might start a war or something." - Bill Maher

Comment

Experts are saying Jackson, TN(35 miles NW of me) was hit by an F5 tornado. Most of downtown Jackson is gone or severly damaged. 10 deaths occured in one building alone. Several people are still missing and assumed dead.

The 911 headquarters as well as the tornado warning system are inoperative. Repair crews are coming in from surrounding states to assist in cleanup and electrical repairs.

We're getting hammered again tonight....one squall line after another. Since 0800 this AM, we've been under 3 different tornado warnings and are currently under a tornado watch until 0500AM tomorrow morning.

My school system was THE ONLY system in a 5 county area that was in session today. The other school systems took a peek at today's forecast and cancelled school. We had school because BOTH the Superintendent AND ***'t. Superintendent were 'out of town', leaving NOBODY to 'make a decision'.

We were in a tornado WARNING from 0855-1005 today, complete with crying kids in the hallways and parents coming to pick them up. Few parents realize that the schools ARE safer than their homes.

The weather forecast is calling for more of the same for the next 2 DAYS....

[ 05-05-2003, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: shooter1201 ]
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

Wow Shooter...sounds like it's very ugly where you're at weather-wise. If it was me, I'd be in the cellar till the sun came out. I live in Earthquake country, but I've been in both earthquakes and a tornado. I'll take the earthquake anyday. Of course, all my midwestern relatives say I'm crazy, that at least you can go to the cellar in a tornado.

I saw on the news about a really bad tornado in Missouri (the name of the city escapes me now). I have friends in Pacific, MO. Anybody know what it's like there?

All of you in that part of the country are in my thoughts and prayers.

[ 05-06-2003, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: auntysuz63 ]
              "Americans don't want a mentally unstable president; he might start a war or something." - Bill Maher

Comment

Oh, we have earthquakes, as well. I'm right smack dab on the New Madrid fault line, which is supposedly as bad, if not worse, than the San Andreas fault line.

Comment

Yeah, our area is long overdue for an earthquake, and I hope it stays that way.

[ 05-06-2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Turner ]

Comment

We went through tornados a few years ago; so, I know what the folks up there are going through.

We are having bad weather right now. We have tornado warnings and watches currently for our area, and the county next to me just had one blow through.
                    "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5400 users online. 346 members and 5054 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X