300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Freakin' Commercials!

Is anyone else sick and tired of that stupid Dr. Scholl's Gel Insole commerical where they have those lame rhymes using the word "gellin' "? "Hey, I'm gellin' like a felon." All I can figure is some past-their-prime execs thinking they are being cool.

Then there's the one for I have no idea what, starring a guy who is apparently a basketball player, an Asian named Yao. The dialogue consists of "Yo"! "Yao!" "Yo" "Yo". Stupid.

Switching channels does no good, because they are everywhere.
    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

I can't stand commercials. Maybe 1 in 5,000 are humorous to me (and I'm normally easily amused) and the rest are beyond corny.

I've seen the Dr. Scholl's commercial, too. Puh-leeze.

[ 05-04-2003, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: 156 ]

Comment

What's the matter? Aren't you gellin' ?
      "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
      -Norman Schwartzkopf

Comment

...and then there are the SPAM and Enzite(livin' large) commercials....
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
        -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

I use those products in my shoes, and yet, for some reason, I to hate commercials.

Comment

Ah the joys of a DVD player!
            "Americans don't want a mentally unstable president; he might start a war or something." - Bill Maher

Comment

I hate the Dell interns commercials. I dunno which are worse, those or "Dude you're getting a Dell" commercials.
              "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

I do like most commercials, but i cant stand the "Gellin' " one. i do like the "Dude, youre gettin a Dell." and i love the Yao one. but maybe cuz i think he's cute

most of the ones i dont like are local ones, like for car places. and i also hate the late nite ones for life insurance, and car loans (no credit check!?)... oh, and anything with Wilfred Brimley in it...
                "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by jellybean40:
                  oh, and anything with Wilfred Brimley in it...

Awww, give him a break. You will be an old fart well actually I guess the term is old fartess, yourself one of these days! [Wink]

Lordy I just HATE all car commercials. Doesn't matter if they are from local yokel dealerships, or the major companies, they all suck. And the hummer commercials suck even worse!

[ 05-05-2003, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Don ]
                  6P1 (retired)

Comment

The Dude Dell commercials will always be my least favorite... Those commercials for Ovaltine also **** me off, that smug, arrogant chocolate shake vender...
                    Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
                    -Mark Twain

Comment

I'm the person ad people hate......... I purposely avoid buying products if they have annoying ads.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by ateamer:
                        ...starring a guy who is apparently a basketball player, an Asian named Yao....

That's hilarious!! I am about as far removed from a sports fan as you can get, excluding motorsports and golf. Even I know that that Yao dude is one of the most famous players in the NBA right now!

In fact, he's part of a current pop culture joke:

How can you tell that the world is ending?
                        The best rapper in the world is white.
                        The best golfer in the world is black.
                        The best player in the NBA is Chinese.
                        and Germany DOESN'T want to go to war!!
                        No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by shooter1201:
                          ...and then there are the SPAM and Enzite(livin' large) commercials....

how many men want bigger SPAM??
                          I'll post, You argue.

Comment

i totally hate those "herbal essence" shampoo commercials. if it feels so good then why don't you shampoo your...........

STUPID!!!
                            I'll post, You argue.

Comment

lol Nick, I actually wrote Herbal Essance, complaining about the commercial. Their attitude was "so what". I refuse to buy their products.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6223 users online. 353 members and 5870 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X