Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APB: Need information from all it pertains to! (TX DPS)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APB: Need information from all it pertains to! (TX DPS)

Looking into Texas DPS. Any troopers out there????? I have 16 total years in USAF SP, currently planning on night academy through San Jacinto here in H-town upon return from Oman in November. Heard that DPS is critical manned right now, wondering if that would put me in position to negotiate staying here in town for the first couple of years and THEN taking the state's desire to move me somewhere. And, has it been worth it? I don't see myself in Law Enforcement any where except on the road.
    Out

Reply to the icon, or [email protected]
    OR [email protected]

Thanks mucho to all......

[ 06-11-2002: Message edited by: huff317 ]
    American by Birth, Aggie By Choice, TEXAN by the grace of God...

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, what matters is the size of the fight in the dog."

Not a trooper, but if you want in this is the time to apply. They are over 200 short and in the next couple years expect a couple hundred more to retire.

If you are set on DPS don't do the San Jac academy. It won't help you get the job and you'll go to Austin for their 6 1/2 month academy anyway. GOD and the Colonel know there is only one way to do anything right and that is the DPS way.

Probably very good odds that if you wanted Houston as a duty station you'd get it. Not many people want it from what I've heard. Of course to promote you'd have to transfer.

Before you commit yourself talk to some of the road guys. If they're not in recruiting you may hear some stuff the command staff doesn't want applicants to know.

Why not HPD, HCSO or one of the many Constable offices or susburbs???????? You'd make a lot more money, have access to more off-duty, etc, etc, etc..........
    "Trust me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help."

Comment

Plus, you cannot grow a mustache and might be sent to lovely west Texas.
      RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2964 users online. 150 members and 2814 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X