300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop Musicians WANTED

All Cop metal band is starting in the DFW area.Influences are: Pantera, Prong, Godsmack, Disturbed, Drowning Pool, etc. If interested, email at [email protected] or [email protected] Phone at 817-688-8312 or 817-568-9319. The band needs a Bassist, Drummer, and possibly a 2nd Guitarist. Looking to get signed by a record label and quit Law Enf. full time.

I wanna sing and dance, I wanna sing and dance. . .
    6P1 (retired)

Comment

OKLAAAAAHOMMMMAAAA! oKKKLAAAAHOMMMMAAAA!

where do I sign?

Comment

You're both hired but stay 10-42.

Comment

Hey! I love those bands! I'm a drummer, I have band/"touring" experience, but...I'm not a cop and I don't live anywhere near DFW. Possibly over the phone...?

[ 06-11-2002: Message edited by: KCadet ]
          If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

Hey Jim, does that wind still "come sweeping down the plains?"
            6P1 (retired)

Comment

Yep, that's why that northern Mexican land known as Tejas is slowly being sent our way

Matter of fact, that wind is sweeping right now, at about 26 mph gusts!

Jim Burnes

Comment

I thought it was OOOOOOOOOOOK-LAHOMA.

Hey, Metalhed, are you asking for musicians or noisemakers? 'Cause musicians make music.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhed191:
                  You're both hired but stay 10-42.
                  Hey Dude, I said
                  I wanna sing and dance, I wanna sing and dance. . .

Notice I said "I wanna" which believe me should NEVER be confused with "I CAN!"

However I am very good at making music. I have all kinds of CD's and tapes!

[ 06-12-2002: Message edited by: Don ]
                  6P1 (retired)

Comment

I should have known better than to expect serious replies from Police Officers.

Comment

Now you really know we just what you expected. They call me the little drummer boy down here in New Orleans.
                      Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Oh, you were serious? I'm sorry, it threw me off with the part about musicians & playing heavy metal. And then there was that part about cops. Okay, sorry, I'll straighten up.

Comment

What type of music do cops listen to, pigskin? Is there a type of music that cops are supposed to listen to? what is the streroetype? Is Heavy Metal forbidden by the general orders manual? Do we all have to listen to Country? (which I also like). What is in your policy manual?

Comment

Just my .02 but I stopped listening to heavy metal after I went through puberty... not that it is a bad thing, just in my experiences, the noise they make seems so juvenile.

Most people who have gone into law enforcement do it because they WANT TO, not because they have to. So trying to get someone to give up their profession they worked so hard to get into is going to be a stretch...

Also, most cops who like being cops, come to sites like this. The rest usually try to avoid anything police related at all.
                            Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhed191:
                              Is Heavy Metal forbidden by the general orders manual?
                              Of course not. It is forbidden in my home, my car, and on my stereos. By ME!

Do we all have to listen to Country? (which I also like).
                              YOU BET! And the older the better! Roy Acuff, Eddy Arnold etc.

Ok, now that I'm done pulling your chain - I don't personally know any cops that like heavy metal, however there is a whole lot I don't know, so that doesn't mean anything. OTOH, heavy metal seems to go more with the "drug culture" than with the "law enforcement culture." Also we have had our share of trolls on the board here, so some of us (particularly us old fartz) tend to be a little um shall I say skeptical of things.

Anyway, I wish you a lot of luck with your band. And yes, I am serious here. Whether or not you are in fact an officer, I still wish you luck.
                              6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3237 users online. 131 members and 3106 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X