Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent: Facebook Law Enforcement Contact?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Facebook Law Enforcement Contact?

Hey all,

We're working on a call where someone threatened suicide on Facebook and were trying to find a contact person or number for facebook to get some information. We've been looking for a while but can't find anything. Anyone have any info?
    When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

I guess not. I thought a simple goolge search or a "contact us" link on facebook would have given the answer, but 4 of us have been looking havent found anything yet.
    When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

(650) 543-4800

not sure if its the real number....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2379891724&v=info

Comment

650-853-1300 - All I could find.

Comment

also don't know if this is helpful at all....

http://www.facebook.com/help/contact...icidal_content

Comment

Thanks. Those numbers just go to a voice mail, so I left a message to see what happens. I guess its too much to ask to have someone available for emergencies 24hrs like the cell companies have.
            Last edited by OrlandoExp103; 11-09-2009, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Thanks all. We found an address.

Anyway, now that thats over.... I wonder what, if any, liability these companies could be in if they allow things like this to be posted but dont provide an easy contact to law enforcement...
              Last edited by OrlandoExp103; 11-09-2009, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Web Resource

Very Good list of LE Contacts.

http://www.search.org/programs/hightech/isp/

All these companies are getting better with things like this, but they move slowly. In the end, it will take terrible tragedies, widespread media coverage, and a couple lawsuits before Subpoena compliance and LE relations are given a priority.
                Last edited by pbiddy35; 11-09-2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Outshined
                  Did we save the cyber space suicide r?
                  In case you didn't know, theres a new trend of attention whores, and extremely depressed people who want to show the world when they commit suicide. A little while back there was some numnut who decided to do it on webcam, hung himself from his fan I believe as other were cheering him on. I heard they have video of his mother walking in to find it.

It's really sick and twisted.

Comment

Was the mother hot ?
                    Originally posted by Michigan
                    I won't say anything mean to you because you're obviously retarded. I don't know if you will understand or comprehend what everyone is saying to you, so put it this way: The internet is bad, bad place. No go, no go. Computer bad, no login. Stay home, eat sour patch kids- yum yum. No talk to no one. Stay home. Internet is bad, stay away. Bye, bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                      In case you didn't know, theres a new trend of attention whores, and extremely depressed people who want to show the world when they commit suicide
                      Isn't this just the cyber space extension of people who publicly threatens to commit suicide (ie. jumpers)? Usually it's just a cry for help when someone threatens to kill themselves in a public manner.

Comment

Don't forget the kid who ate a bunch of pills and died... all while streaming live on webcam.... think it was justin.tv

Comment

Originally posted by pbiddy35 View Post
                          Very Good list of LE Contacts.

http://www.search.org/programs/hightech/isp/

All these companies are getting better with things like this, but they move slowly. In the end, it will take terrible tragedies, widespread media coverage, and a couple lawsuits before Subpoena compliance and LE relations are given a priority.

Ya, that just has the same numbers that someone posted before for facebook. I'm glad didnt have to rely on them in the end, as they still havent called back from the message I left. I'm saving that in my favorites though.

Comment

I second the 650-543-4800 number.

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...capId=20765463

edit: saw you already got the info

good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6740 users online. 344 members and 6396 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X