300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT break and rake tools

So for any operators out there or dudes that are creative with designing tools, my department is pretty strapped for cash but our team is without a break and rake type of entry tool similar to one blackhawk makes. Just seeing if anybody has a simple homemade design that people have used on their tac teams for breaking/clearing windows. I've seen things like retro-fitting an olympic weight bar with a couple inches of metel welded to the end for debris clearing....any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks, and watch your six...

Back when we had an active team and all of our officers were crossed trained fire fighters as well, we just used a halogen tool. Their near indestructable and good for break and rake or prying reinforced doors when used in conjunction with a well placed sledge hammer strike. Very portable too.
    Maybe FD will let you borrow one when needed if you cant purchase one for some reason.

Comment

I know it seems corney but hey, Have a fundraiser out side of a market/store.

You wouldn't believe it but there are A LOT of people in the world that would gladly help the police dept out. With the world the way it is today, I'm sure you could raise A LOT of money.

Sure it will take some time but, buy the best one the first time so you won't ever have to buy another one again.

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Comment

Ooops...Halligan tool.

Gotta agree with Gotts56. Some of our merchants have even donated time, space and money to help w/ projects

Comment

Give Bruce at Rapid Assault tools a call, good guy...978-369-0014

http://vimeo.com/6771293

Password is: rat

(this is little montage I made of their tools in action, never ment to be released)...

filmed at the 2009 CT SWAT CHALLENGE
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wakeislander View Post
            Give Bruce at Rapid Assault tools a call, good guy...978-369-0014

http://vimeo.com/6771293

Password is: rat

(this is little montage I made of their tools in action, never ment to be released)...

filmed at the 2009 CT SWAT CHALLENGE
            That was pretty cool, thanks...

Comment

That was a cool video but those SWAT guys kept missing their target for the smoke and bangs at the beginning haha.

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Comment

We used aluminum baseball bats (30 +inch) for demo-ing the windows and one of those staffs fire uses with the spike/hook on the end. Just cut a couple feet off the handle though. It gives you enough stand-off distance to stay out of the fatal funnel of the window and you can grab blinds/curtains. You can then haul them out to the guys on either side of the window so they can yank them off the wall and out of your way.

Simple and primitive, but we never had a significant problem in the decade plus that we used them. We still have them in addition to other stuff. You also need to be prepared to deal with a plexiglass window with reinforcement. Those can be a suprise as they are not common. A heavy tool such as a benchpress or Johnson pry bar will knock them in very easily.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4266 users online. 308 members and 3958 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X