300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Impersonator's Dream Car

The impersonators are getting bolder or more stupid (I'm not sure which).

From the New York Craigslist comes an ad from someone in Long Island, offering a ready made undercover police car. It comes complete with lights, siren, PA, antennas and tinted windows to give it that official look, all for $5,600.

Here's the ad, complete with pictures http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/1446356397.html

In case the listing dies in a few days (as most Craigslist ads do), here's the text

2001 CROWN VICTORIA REAL POLICE CAR! BLACK W/LIGHTS SIRENS MIC MINT!!! - $5600 (LONG ISLAND)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2009-11-01, 12:54AM EDT
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am selling a black 2001 Ford Crown Victoria police interceptor. This was a former police detective's car. It has only 84K miles on it, and has always been only lightly used. It is in excellent condition inside and out- no dents/dings etc. Just a few small scratches/marks. But the body is great. the inside is excellent as well- no holes, dirt, etc. It looks very clean on the inside. It has dual exhaust, power seats, windows, cruise control, etc. It is in above average condition compared to former police vehicles that you see. It is excellent mechanically, and the tires are almost brand new as well- has always been very well maintained. This car is fully loaded with anything you could want for police/security use- tinted windows, 4 antennas, spotlight, front and back strobe lights, wig wags, rear light bar (red/yellow lights), full siren box w/7 different sounds, PA system with mic, and front dash revolving amber light. It is mechanically and physically ready to go. The price is $5600. If interested, please email me.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Isn't it illegal for you to be driving around with yellow/red lights on your car?

Comment

The ad says strobes, red and yellow.

The strobes and red would be illegal in my state. Yellow would be ok only if the vehicle is creating a hazard on the highway at the moment.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I would be suspect of this car because of the wheels, other than that there is no way to tell. Impersonating LE should be a felony...

Comment

It also poses a danger to the person whos driving it, what if joe dirtbag doesn't like cops, this guy cuts someone off.. road rage...

Comment

It sounds like a good deal if you're a small department and need a car. A regular person shouldn't be able to have something like that unless they strip the car of all the lights and 'stuff'.

Yes, in NY red is illegal to have since that is the color the Police use (No blue) - yellow is allowed on vehicles that would create a hazard, such as a work truck.

Comment

sadly id own a CVPI if it wasnt for the negative connotations..and i AM a cop lol

throw some suspension, roots blower, some real mufflers and some 18" Mustang wheels and youd have a freeway cruiser from hell, plus i imagine sans cage and radio rack they are pretty comfy.

always like the mercury marauder but not the price.
              In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Woww....
                Why are people so eager to look like LEOs? Shouldn't they just...apply?

Futurelaw

Comment

Originally posted by Mstangfk View Post
                  sadly id own a CVPI if it wasnt for the negative connotations..and i AM a cop lol

throw some suspension, roots blower, some real mufflers and some 18" Mustang wheels and youd have a freeway cruiser from hell, plus i imagine sans cage and radio rack they are pretty comfy.

always like the mercury marauder but not the price.
                  Throwing that much $$$ into a roots and some other modifications on a 4.6 with the bloated weight of a CVPI = mind as well use the money and get the Marauder if you know what I mean.

I would love to have an all black Marauder.

Comment

Originally posted by Futurelaw89 View Post
                    Woww....
                    Why are people so eager to look like LEOs? Shouldn't they just...apply?

Futurelaw
                    They probably have and tried, but were filtered out. Before I became LEO, I worked for a security company that was more proactive in their approach. A good handful of the police rejects owned or drove a former standard CVPI - probably from craigslists or auctions.

Comment

Wow... You guys hurt Defender77 so bad, he's selling his ride...
                      As far as "rights" are concerned; I look at them this way... I don't tell you what church to go to, and you don't tell me what kind of firearm I can own...

Comment

Originally posted by grog18b View Post
                        Wow... You guys hurt Defender77 so bad, he's selling his ride...

You're wrong grog, this seller used the word "spotlight."

This car is fully loaded with anything you could want for police/security use- tinted windows, 4 antennas, spotlight, front and back strobe lights, wig wags, rear light bar (red/yellow lights), full siren box w/7 different sounds, PA system with mic, and front dash revolving amber light. It is mechanically and physically ready to go.

Comment

What, no push bumper?
                          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                            What, no push bumper?
                            Here ya go http://www.swps.com/go-rhino-5040.html sh*t anyone can be a cop, hey we could all become cops then there would be the need for civilian cars..

Comment

Originally posted by MCAPO View Post
                              You're wrong grog, this seller used the word "spotlight."
                              Is that what its called I could of sworn the technical term was "that bright light thingy"

Futurelaw

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2840 users online. 159 members and 2681 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X