300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Prayers

I am not a religious man so I am asking for your prayers.

I wasn't supposed to have been sworn in until Jan.1 2009. Last July, Chief came to city hall and told the Mayor that I needed sworn in on that day, so I was. Chief turned in all of his medical time (4 months worth) and then advised that he had been diagnosed with cancer and that he might come back after that time. I carried the Chief in the role as my Assistant Chief.

They have performed 2 surgeries on him and needs a third. The Doctors told him that he probably wouldn't survive the third so he opted out of not having it.

Over the last year I have watched this once vibrant man consumed by the cancer. He is nothing more than a skeleton, memory is gone and he can't even articulate words anymore. This man, who would walk several miles a day, now can't even stand. He is constantly in pain, even with the obscene amount of painkillers they are pumping into him

Chief served as a Marine in the late 40's and became a LEO in 1964. He has held the position as Road Deputy, K-9 Officer, Chief Investigator, Chief Investigator for the District Attorney's Office, and before me, Chief of Police of our town for 24 years. Doctors have told me that they don't know what is keeping him alive. He was transferred to a nursing home today because Ms. Chief was just unable to physically take care of him anymore.

Chief just turned 82YOA last month, and yes, I still refer to him as Chief. This is a title that he has earned. He was there for me, to help me cope, when my father died in 1999, when my brother was killed in a traffic crash in 2007 and when I had two LEO friends killed in 2007.

We are preparing for worst. We know it's going to happen, soon. I am just asking for a silent prayer to be said for a "peaceful passing".

Thanks

You got it Chief, I am a religious man (tho one might never guess) so I'll say a few words for him now. Also I'm very sorry to hear of your losses, I know exactally from where you speak

Comment

same here!
      It's never easy to look something like this in the face...Everytime you think about him, just remember that you have a host of friends here who are thinking of you; and yes, praying for you and him...
      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Chief & your friend will be in my families prayers tonight. I know exactly what you are describing, we lost my father-n-law to this vicious disease. I will never forget his last words to me. " I wouldn't wish this on an enemy"

I am truly sorry and we will say a prayer at Church as well for him.
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Prayers sent, Chief will be in my thoughts.

Comment

Chief, my prayers are out for you in the new position.

And many more are out for the "Chief", I hope all is well.

Comment

http://www.coxfuneral.com/_mgxroot/p....php?id=727653

Not just a friend, but mentor as well

Comment

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss Chief, to you and his family prayers. I hope that his passing was peaceful and the service is a time to rejoice his life...â€*

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with Chief and his family.

Hang in there......

Comment

May Almightly God rest and keep him and give comfort to his family and friends.

Comment

Sorry that a man who gave so much should have had to deal with so much pain at the end.

Thoughts and prayers en-route.
                      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

R.I.P. brother

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4350 users online. 266 members and 4084 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X