300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inmates Saved Deputy's Life During Attack

TAMPA - The detention deputy was sitting at his desk when the inmate attacked. The deputy is 64; the inmate 40 years his junior.

Deputy Kenneth Moon had another disadvantage: He was the sole deputy in a jail pod that houses 62 inmates. The only nearby people who could help him were there because they have been charged with attempted murder, home invasion, drug dealing.

And yet they did.

The first one, Jerry Dieguez Jr., is in jail on an armed home invasion charge. When he saw inmate Douglas Burden put Moon in a chokehold, Dieguez didn't hesitate.

He ran behind the desk and landed a haymaker of a punch on Burden.

Inmates Hoang Vu and Terrell Carswell also provided backup. Vu is charged with attempted murder; Carswell with robbery, marijuana possession, cocaine trafficking and failure to register as a sex offender. He also has a charge of obstructing an officer.

While Dieguez, Vu and Carswell kept Burden off the deputy, another inmate came charging over.

David Schofield, who's in jail on aggravated assault and battery charges, reached over to the deputy, took his radio and called for help.

The inmates are credited with saving their jailer's life.
    More and pictures here.
    When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=133347
    sigpic

Comment

Ya, just found that one. I skimmed through to make sure it wasn't a double post but apparently I missed it. The other post even has the video
      When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

Yeah but this one tells the story. I can't view very many websites from the computer here at work so I always appreciate the stories that are pasted in the post.

Comment

I worked in a jail, sometimes they stage crap like this to make you like them to make you a duck (someone who brings crap in for them)

Comment

I dont know much about corrections but is it normal to have only 1 officer for 62 inmates?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
              I dont know much about corrections but is it normal to have only 1 officer for 62 inmates?
              We have several units that have 1 officer for 100 inmates.
              and
              3 for 330
              5 for 475

Yea 1=62 is pretty standard or even a bit high of a ratio
              My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                We have several units that have 1 officer for 100 inmates.
                and
                3 for 330
                5 for 475

Yea 1=62 is pretty standard or even a bit high of a ratio
                Ouch...just developed a new respect for CO's

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2151 users online. 140 members and 2011 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X