Clear All

• Los Zetas have arrived in Mayberry

Four Killed in North Carolina TV Store

Posted: Monday, November 2, 2009
    Updated: November 2nd, 2009 11:40 AM GMT-05:00

Most Read Most E-mailed E-mail Article Print Article

The Associated Press

MOUNT AIRY, N.C. --

Four men were killed in a shooting at a northwestern North Carolina television store on Sunday, and authorities said they were looking for a suspect who might be armed with an assault rifle.

Mount Airy Police Chief Dale Watson said at a news conference that the victims were shot in the parking lot of Woods TV store in the town on the Virginia border and less than a mile from the police station. Police said a warrant has been issued for the arrest of Marcos Chavez Gonzalez. He is charged with four counts of murder.

Watson said the victims and the suspect were at the television store for a reason.

"We don't feel this was a random event," Watson said. "We do have an idea why (they were shot), but we won't be releasing that."

Watson said alerts have been issued in North Carolina and Virginia to be on the lookout for Gonzalez. Authorities had detained two men but released them after it was determined that they were not involved in the shooting.

Nursing supervisor Sue Coe at Northern Hospital of Surry County confirmed that two people died at the store around 2:30 p.m. She said two who were wounded died at the hospital, just across the street from the store. Woods TV sells televisions and satellite systems.

Police say the victims' names were being withheld because their families have not been notified. Watson said all four were from Surry County that includes Mount Airy. The town served as the inspiration for the television town of Mayberry in "The Andy Griffith Show."

WXII-TV in Winston-Salem reported that people who knew the victims gathered near the store and began crying and collapsing to the ground.

Mount Airy, with a population of approximately 8,700, is about 100 miles north of Charlotte. Griffith is a native of the town, which has built a tourist trade on nostalgia for the show that continues to thrive in syndication.

Did anyone see the Los Zetas program on the History Channel. Wow, south Texas especially has their hands full. I swear that show depicted most of what I saw in Iraq and Astan in combat. Texas brothers, as well as everyone else starting to see these people pop up in their communities be safe.

Spoke to a buddy of mine who works nearby he informed me this is Los Zetas but political powers that be are scared about releasing this due to public alarm and panic.
    Last edited by creolecop; 11-02-2009, 02:47 PM.
    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Watched it ... was pretty good, we've got them here in Phoenix and had a few incidents already...I wonder when the Govt is going to step up and label these idiots a terrorist organisation.

Comment

I have a hard time with the callous nature of criminals these days, use to be kill one maybe two leave the others and run, now it's kill em all.

I'm with you on this Hotsoup, it's time that there were some domestic terrorism laws passed in this country, maybe that way we can weed the countryside and either deport them or prosecute them. After they get done doing their time and provided they weren't sentenced to the chair, when they get out we could deport them, if they show up again it's automatic life w/o parole...

Comment

Wow, Mt. Airy's only about 30 minutes from here.

Comment

These guys are bad news, some are or were in the Mexican military...I saw a report on Univision (Spanish channel) that some were even trained by US Miltary...

Los Zetas are all over Latin America, I would def. consider them a terrorist orginiaztion...
          sigpic

Comment

The federal government recently arrested over 300 members of La Familia, another Mexican drug cartel.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

The times sure are a-changing:
              sigpic
              Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
              And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                The times sure are a-changing:

AAAAAHAHAHA! someone needs to grab that for an avatar, too funny, Barney be a bad a** deputy..

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                  The federal government recently arrested over 300 members of La Familia, another Mexican drug cartel.
                  Isn't that a diffrent group/orginization though?...La Familia Michocan was the one who had +300 of their people arrested...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
                    Isn't that a diffrent group/orginization though?...La Familia Michocan was the one who had +300 of their people arrested...
                    Yes, it is another drug cartel.

My point is that federal law enforcement is devoting resources to these groups, regardless of whether they are officially declared terrorist groups. The main effects of declaring an organization to be terrorists is to keep donations to them from being tax-deductible, and to prohibit them from using regular banking channels. People don't donate to drug cartels, and they do not operate through normal banking channels.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                      Yes, it is another drug cartel.

My point is that federal law enforcement is devoting resources to these groups, regardless of whether they are officially declared terrorist groups. The main effects of declaring an organization to be terrorists is to keep donations to them from being tax-deductible, and to prohibit them from using regular banking channels. People don't donate to drug cartels, and they do not operate through normal banking channels.
                      Oh ok....Gotcha!...
                      sigpic

Comment

Some were sent to the "School of the Americas" at Ft. Benning. Which is a butter up to foriegn countries diddle daddle. The lessons there are very basic, though military. They teach basic fireteam and squad fire and maneauver. Text book linear ambushes, defending a perimeter and other basic training level concepts. It's nothing high speed but nevertheless we are the ones being made the fools of. It's like knowing letting taliban members train at Benning.

Los Zetas have teamed up with MS-13, Latin Kings, and their biggest rival is the gulf cartel. They are at war for the I-35 corridor due to the drug trade.
                        Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

If anyone is interested they caught the guy who whacked those 4 people....some motel bout 50 miles from the scene...someone gave him up and told LE where he was at.

Comment

It seems like this was the outgrowth of a broken love affair, and the suspect is an ex-convict. It does not seem to be related to Los Zetas.

(sorry -- could not find as detailed an article in English)

Arrestan a sospechoso de tiroteo en Carolina del Norte

11/03/2009

Associated Press

El fracaso de una relación amorosa pudiera haber llevado a un ex convicto a matar a balazos a cuatro hombres en este pequeño pueblo, dijo la policia el lunes.

Marcos Chávez González, de 29 años, fue acusado de cuatro cargos de asesinato por las muertes del domingo por la noche frente a una tienda de televisiones en Mount Airy, a unos 160 kilómetros (100 millas) al norte de Charlotte.

Los cuatro hombres fueron baleados con un fusil de asalto de alto poder en las afueras de Wood's TV, a la sombra de una torre de agua que dice "Bienvenidos a Mount Airy".

La policia no cree que el ataque haya sido al azar. El jefe de la policia del pueblo, Dale Watson, dijo que estaban investigando varias pistas, incluyendo si fue un ataque por contrato o la repercusión de una fallida relación amorosa.

Watson identificó a las victimas — todas residentes del pueblo — como Victor Alfonso Martinez Jiménez, de 22 años; Javier Manuel Martinez, de 21; Juan Manuel Martinez, de 26; y Marcos Oviedo Aguilar, de 21.

Michelle Oviedo, de 21, dijo que su hermano y su novio estaban entre los muertos y que el presunto pistolero es el novio de su madre. Dijo que ella estaba sentada en la terraza de su casa, no lejos de la tienda, cuando escuchó los disparos.

"Cuando llegué alli Javier y mi hermano ya estaban muertos", afirmó. "Estaban uno encima del otro".

La supervisora de enfermeras Sue Coe del Hospital del Norte en el condado de Surry confirmó el domingo que dos personas murieron en la tienda alrededor de las 2:30 de la tarde. Dijo que otras dos que estaban heridas fallecieron en el hospital, que está justo frente a la tienda.

José Armando Hernandez, de 46 años, indicó que tres de las victimas eran sus sobrinos. Dijo que su familia está "destruida" por las muertes, que dijo fueron causadas por un problema con una mujer.

Chávez González fue arrestado sin incidentes en un motel a unos 80 kilómetros (50 millas) al noreste del pueblo, en el condado Henry, en Virginia, informó el alguacil Lane Perry. No estaba armado cuando se entregó poco antes de las cuatro de la mañana a los agentes que rodearon el motel.

Fue extraditado de Virginia y está detenido en la cárcel del condado de Surry.

Watson dijo que en el ataque se hicieron 16 disparos, pero no se habia encontrado el fusil.

Documentos penales muestran que Chávez González fue dejado en libertad hace dos años tras cumplir más de dos años de cárcel de una condena por secuestro de un menor.

Comment

The original group years ago was a military unit that went rogue. Nowadays (especially in the U.S.) it's just gangbangers that train with the passed on knowledge of their predecessors. I highly doubt that any of these dirtbags currently roaming the streets claiming Zetas actually went to Benning or any other speacialized training other than within their gang. Ruthlessness, yes. Boogey man commandos, no.
                              Last edited by yellowreef; 11-03-2009, 03:09 AM.
                              "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2858 users online. 150 members and 2708 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X