300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer murdered in patrol car in Seattle

This is just insane. Prayers to the slain Officer's family.

There's a link to a video:
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/68161667.html

SEATTLE -- A Seattle police officer was shot to death and another officer was wounded late Saturday night while conducting a traffic stop in the city's Central District neighborhood.

The officer who died was a veteran of the department, and the woman who was wounded is a student officer in training, Assistant Chief Jim Pugel said.

The two had stopped a car near the intersection of 29th Avenue and East Yesler Way just after 10 p.m. when another vehicle pulled up alongside and someone opened fire on the officers.

The training officer was fatally wounded and died at the scene. His name has not been released.

The other officer called for help and was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle where she was expected to recover.

A man who lived nearby said he heard eight to ten shots fired, then another volley of about six shots. It was not immediately clear if either officer returned fire.

Officers from multiple law enforcement agencies converged on area, scouring the neighborhood for the shooter, but no arrests have been made.

Pugel called the act a "deliberate homicide" and vowed to hunt down whoever is responsible.

Investigators have been at the scene all night collecting evidence, and fellow officers lined Yesler Way as the fallen officer's body was driven to the King County Medical Examiner's office just before 3 a.m.

Police are looking for a car that drove away from the shooting scene, but no detailed description of the vehicle or suspected shooter was available.

Wow, prayers are with the officers and their families, that is just insane. I hope the dash cam was able to get a view of the vehicle, especially the plates so they can get a good lead in this case..

Comment

ugh, awful story.

I wonder if the original vehicle in the t-stop was connected.

RIP. Both officers and families are in my thoughts.

Comment

R.I.P. officer and a pray for a speedy recovery for the other officer.

Comment

Just got up and made coffee and the news woke me up with this. This is terrible and senseless, I hope they get these cowards which they will and just slit their throats.

R.I.P. thoughts and prayers for you and your families

Comment

I hate reading these stories. No matter how long you do this job, I've found it never gets easier to hear about another officer being killed in the line of duty. If anything... it gets harder.

RIP to the FTO, and a speedy recovery for the OJT Officer.

-SC
            Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
            - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
            MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
            Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
            Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
            Various Graduate Credits - UoP
            MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
            DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

Absolutely horrible.

People wonder why we don't want them using cell phones during traffic stops or get upset when they pull in behind us to ask directions while we're doing a stop.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Wow, this is sad.

Comment

Awful. Just AWFUL! So sorry for these officers, their friends & families, and the entire Seattle police force.

In re: civilians not understanding about the cell phone thing -- it really comes down to lack of awareness of what could happen.

WE know that WE are not a threat & we live in a world where most of the time we don't have to think about such things. It is difficult to imagine that we can be SEEN as a threat when we know we aren't.

Not excusing or arguing. Just explaining. And I'm not looking to turn this thread into an argument about that!

I know there's a whole heck of a lot of experience most of us civilians will never get.

Again, condolences and heartfelt sorrow for all.
                  Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                  Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                  A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Thoughts and prayers for the officer's family and department.
                    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

This is tragic.

Unfortunately, I do not think that this is the first drive-by shooting of a police officer.
                      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Sadly, nor the last...

Comment

From the Seattle Police Department blotter

Officer shot and killed
                          On October 31st, shortly after 10:00 p.m., a Field Training Officer (FTO) and his female student officer were parked in their patrol car in the 100 Block of 29th Avenue South. The student officer was seated in the driver’s seat and the FTO was in the passenger seat. A vehicle that has been described as a light-colored sedan pulled up next to the parked patrol car and the suspect(s) fired multiple shots into the patrol car. The Field Training Officer was struck multiple times, killing him. The student officer received minor injuries. She was able to get out of the patrol car, return fire several times to the fleeing suspect vehicle, and call for additional units. Officers from all precincts responded, as well as Homicide and CSI. This investigation is very much active and ongoing, and is a priority for the Department. Information is limited at this time, as it is still early in the investigation. There is a press conference tenatively scheduled for later this afternoon, where we hope to provide additional information.

Condolences to the officer's family.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.
                          Last edited by deputy x 2; 11-01-2009, 03:00 PM.
                          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

RIP Brother....I hope they fry the idiots that did this........

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                              This is tragic.

Unfortunately, I do not think that this is the first drive-by shooting of a police officer.
                              What are you thinking DAL, gang initiation or something like it, something having to do with Halloween maybe?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4576 users online. 315 members and 4261 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X