300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Along

Hey everyone. I am goin on my first ride along tonight. Just figured I would share lol, Im going from 10pm to 2am. Il let you guys know how it goes when I get done...

Ask questions and keep your eyes open! But most importantly, have fun.

Comment

Hope you're having fun right now. Looks like you picked a good shift during Halloween night.
      "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Comment

So how'd it go? Did you get an extra hour since the clocks switched back?

Comment

Hey people, I had a great time on the ride along! I did get an extra hour due to the clocks getting turned back which was cool. Suprisingly it was slow for halloween. The officer I was with was pretty surprised by this but he said with it being so cold around here this time of year that that has alot to do with it.

we had some interesting calls though. The officer I was with was called to give a breath test to a drunk driver. (she blew a .21). There were two other officers there that were absolutly histerical. the woman was so trashed and just kept on blabbing about random things. It took everything out of me not to start dying laughing because of the other officers.

we also had a couple domestic calls. the one that stuck out to me goes like this...We get the call on the domestic and that the suspect left the house and was walking around in the neighborhood. We patrolled the area for about 20 minutes looking for the suspect which we could not locate. Dispatch calls us to the home to take pictures (other responding officers camera wasnt working) so we go there and while the officer I was riding along with was inside taking pictures the suspect walks up the street only to be met by the other officer. He gave a false name first and then proceeded to tell him that this was a crime of passion and they were going through a divorce and she went out "dressed to kill" and this upset him. He was a complete dirt bag!

Overall it was the best expierence of my life and I cannot wait until I am out on the streets doing the same thing. The officer I was with was fantastic. The other officers out tonight were nothing but courteous to me. I learned alot and met some very nice people. Hope everyone had a safe halloween!

Comment

Hey people, I had a great time on the ride along! I did get an extra hour due to the clocks getting turned back which was cool. Suprisingly it was slow for halloween. The officer I was with was pretty surprised by this but he said with it being so cold around here this time of year that that has alot to do with it.

we had some interesting calls though. The officer I was with was called to give a breath test to a drunk driver. (she blew a .21). There were two other officers there that were absolutly histerical. the woman was so trashed and just kept on blabbing about random things. It took everything out of me not to start dying laughing because of the other officers.

we also had a couple domestic calls. the one that stuck out to me goes like this...We get the call on the domestic and that the suspect left the house and was walking around in the neighborhood. We patrolled the area for about 20 minutes looking for the suspect which we could not locate. Dispatch calls us to the home to take pictures (other responding officers camera wasnt working) so we go there and while the officer I was riding along with was inside taking pictures the suspect walks up the street only to be met by the other officer. He gave a false name first and then proceeded to tell him that this was a crime of passion and they were going through a divorce and she went out "dressed to kill" and this upset him. He was a complete dirt bag!

Overall it was the best expierence of my life and I cannot wait until I am out on the streets doing the same thing. The officer I was with was fantastic. The other officers out tonight were nothing but courteous to me. I learned alot and met some very nice people. Hope everyone had a safe halloween!

Comment

sorry for the double post!

Comment

Well, you saw more action than us. It's really quiet in our area of the state. We haven't had a single call all night... I'm ready to go nuts. Only two hours left of my shift, thank goodness.

Comment

double post
                  Last edited by xxcrispyxricexx; 11-01-2009, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Thats awesome. I remember when i first started doing ride alongs before i got on the job.

The way your day went sounds routine where i work at. Still, its a good reminder that sometimes we take our jobs for granted and we forget that we probably got one of the most coolest, unique, and interesting jobs in the planet.

Hope you enjoyed your ride-along and thanks for the reminder!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5867 users online. 320 members and 5547 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X