Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six bodies at US rapist's house

Six bodies at US rapist's house

Sowell admitted his identity as officers began fingerprinting him, police said

Six bodies have been found at the home of a convicted rapist in the US city of Cleveland, Ohio, authorities say.

Police discovered the first two bodies on Thursday when they came to arrest Anthony Sowell, 50, on a rape charge.

A third was found a day later and police have now confirmed three more. The remains were recovered in the house and in its backyard.

The suspect - who spent 15 years in prison for a 1989 rape - was arrested on Saturday not far from his home.

Coroner Frank Miller said two of the bodies had been identified as black females, reports the AP news agency.

Autopsies had been performed on all six, said the coroner's office, but no cause of death was announced.

The home of Anthony Sowell in Cleveland, Ohio
    It was such a disgusting sight... the stench from inside was overwhelming
    Lt Thomas Stacho

Police chief Michael McGrath told a news conference that Sowell offered no resistance when arrested, following a tip-off, while walking down the street on Saturday at around noon.

The suspect initially denied he was the man authorities were looking for, but admitted his identity as officers began fingerprinting him, police said.

Chief McGrath said the bodies were in "various states of being decomposed" and could have been in the property for up to six months.

He said Sowell had initially lived in the house with his aunt and uncle, but his uncle had passed away and his aunt had gone to a nursing home about a year ago.

Police Lt Thomas Stacho told CNN: "It was such a disgusting sight."

"I can tell you I stood outside the home for about an hour yesterday, and the stench from inside was overwhelming," he added.

Neighbours told media that the suspect made a living from looking for scrap metal to sell.

Missing-person reports are being checked dating to June 2005, when Sowell was released from prison.

Crowds have been gathering outside Sowell's home, in the city's East Side, holding posters of missing loved ones
    sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

What a lovely dude.....

RIP to the victims....
    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Kick his a** Danny R.I.P.

Comment

Was just about to post this. Interesting...he served 15 years for rape already.

Comment

Can anyone say John Wayne Gacey
          My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

If there is any cannibalism involved we can call him Jeffery Dahmer.
            www.ldscops.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres PD.
            In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres PD.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17539

Comment

Again, countries that hang/electrocute/behead sex offenders don't have these problems with recidivism.

At least he was probably on some registry, right? That should make the families of the victims sleep better.
              I miss you, Dave.
              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2318 users online. 133 members and 2185 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X