300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I in a lousy class?

Is my class a lousy class if we talked a little too loud during code 7 and got our class leader/squad leaders in trouble and punished with push ups by the graduating class DI today?

Probably, but not for talking too loud during WTF ever a code 7 is but for coming here with this mess seeking validation from us.

Every academy class gets mass punishment. Its part of the fun.
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

You will look back on this incedent and more to come and laugh.
      What Is A Veteran?
      A 'Veteran,' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is 'someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
        Probably, but not for talking too loud during WTF ever a code 7 is but for coming here with this mess seeking validation from us.

Every academy class gets mass punishment. Its part of the fun.

In LAPD language code 7 = meal time.

Comment

Yeh is that cadet-speak for lunch time. If you got punished with push-ups it's just part of the academy process. They are trying to see how you will react to being told to do something you may not agree with. Trust me if you make it through the academy there will come a time when a Sgt. or LT. is going to tell you something and we expect you to just bite your lip and do it double-time.
          "Lay there and bleed awhile before you feel some real pain."

"Have a cup of coffee, a pall mall, and relax!"

Comment

I will usually get one of those looks when I tell somebody something they don't like. My response is "I'm not looking for a debate."

Comment

Ah the Academy. Good time, Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge048 View Post
                Yeh is that cadet-speak for lunch time. If you got punished with push-ups it's just part of the academy process. They are trying to see how you will react to being told to do something you may not agree with. Trust me if you make it through the academy there will come a time when a Sgt. or LT. is going to tell you something and we expect you to just bite your lip and do it double-time.
                no it's not cadet talk it's actually one of our radio codes. Code 7 is officer is out for chow (45 minutes worth) Recruits get 30 minutes. We didn't get punished. Our squad leaders and the class leader got punished. We just stood there and watched.

Comment

Originally posted by nogginbuster24 View Post
                  no it's not cadet talk it's actually one of our radio codes. Code 7 is officer is out for chow (45 minutes worth) Recruits get 30 minutes. We didn't get punished. Our squad leaders and the class leader got punished. We just stood there and watched.
                  Its part of the game.....get used to it.....

My question would be more along about WTF another CADET was doing thrashing the class though.....

Unless things have changed at our academy, he/she would have been told to get the eff on, as he is at the same spot in the food chain as the rest of the CADETS............no one balances a recruit out except for a DI.....
                  The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I know that code 7 is lunch without you telling me. Its just that those of us that live in the real world call it "lunch". Your squad leader and class leader got punished= more detail= same result. Do I detect a tone in your message? If so, you better get thicker skin or you are going to have a very short career in LE.

Comment

In my academy class and in the military, if my squad leader, sergeant, platoon sergeant, etc., is getting smoked, then I had better beat my face as well....if I'm not pushing along side my squad leader, we have a HUGE problem.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Smurfette
                      Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                      Originally posted by DAL
                      You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
                        In my academy class and in the military, if my squad leader, sergeant, platoon sergeant, etc., is getting smoked, then I had better beat my face as well....if I'm not pushing along side my squad leader, we have a HUGE problem.
                        That was my other question.....because if that many are getting thrashed for whatever reason, then it usually EVERYONE that joins in the fun....one way or the other.....
                        Last edited by LA DEP; 10-31-2009, 01:20 AM.
                        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Suck it up. It's part of the fun.

Comment

Apple... .

Comment

Is my class a lousy class if we talked a little too loud during code 7 and got our class leader/squad leaders in trouble and punished with push ups by the graduating class DI today?
                              [/QUOTE]

This may be valuable for you. Instead of looking at it as " My class sucks" Look at it as " I can really Excel in this class. Cream always rises to the top my man. You can separate yourself from these clowns, and come out of your class with honors!
                              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4751 users online. 253 members and 4498 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X