300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Department Policy on Photo-Radar

With the growing numbers of Photo-Radar installations across the United States I wanted to see how your agencies were handing tickets while in marked/unmarked patrol cars. More so for when you are "not going code" but just in general.

Thanks!
    ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

They are only excusable when running code, and even then, you have to watch your speed. If you get flashed at any other time in a dept. vehicle. you have to write a memo to your supervisors and you get a letter in your file.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Our department doesn't issue citations anymore reference the photo radar. This is due to the recent legislation that exempted law enforcement vehicles from photo radar citations. The department gives us some leeway on speeds when responding to calls, even when we aren't running c3.

Comment

I've never even seen a photo radar. I think it's absurd that a LEO would/could receive a citation for speeding while on duty. My god, my glove box would look like Jim Carey's in the movie Liar Liar! I speed all the time under the cover of darkness while on duty. Of course, I also work in a decolate area with very little traffic if any at all.

Comment

The department that I work for supports the tickets, even the admin have been caught speeding and given tickets. I personally think they are ridiculous and our local city council just approved to place them around our city and we only have 6000 people easy to say most people are not happy..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6232 users online. 365 members and 5867 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X