300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman foils escape by taking keys from murder suspect's car

Intresting situation, ballsy on the lady part, but good for here, I think...

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/sout...y/1303467.html

Woman foils escape by taking keys from murder suspect's car

By SOFIA SANTANA
    Sun Sentinel

A murder suspect who left his car running in the street couldn't get away because a woman walking her dog removed the keys from the ignition, Coconut Creek police said Tuesday. Police released a recording of a weekend 911 call in which the woman told a dispatcher that she felt something was amiss, so she pulled out the keys and also took a wallet from inside the car.

The woman was still on the phone when the man -- who unknown to her would be charged with killing another man inside the house -- stepped outside.

``He's coming out now,'' the woman said. ``He ain't going nowhere.''

Officers reached the house in the 4100 block of Northwest 43rd Way seconds later and arrested Paul Gayle, 28, of Northwest Miami-Dade County.

Police said Gayle went to his ex-girlfriend's home just before 1 a.m. Saturday intending to kill her, but instead was surprised by her friend, Hasting Clarke of Miami, who came to her defense.

As Gayle and Clarke fought, Gayle's ex-girlfriend, Joy Stewart, 36, escaped from the home, drove away in her car and flagged down an officer a few blocks away, police said.

About the same time, the woman walking her dog, whose name was not released by police, was on the phone with 911, describing how she could hear screams coming from inside the home and saying that the dogs in the home's back yard ``went all crazy.''

The woman said she took the keys from the running car because she wanted police to check the vehicle. She stayed on the line with the 911 operator until officers reached the home and arrested Gayle. Soon afterward, officers found Clarke dead inside the house.

Gayle was held without bond Tuesday at the Broward County Jail on charges of first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder and armed burglary.

sigpic

Good for her, glad she took the keys out of the right car.

Comment

Great job on her part, that's what you call intuition and way to go on acting upon it.

Comment

Last edited by fordman318; 03-28-2010, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fordman318 View Post
          We recently had a home invasion where an elderly male (80's) was shot and killedin front of his wife. His wife (80's) was sexually assaulted, kidnapped, and put in the trunk of her car. She was then drove out in the county and they 3 kids ( literally 16,18,19) turned heater on high leaving her for dead.

The woman found trunk release, got out, entered code on keypad on door, got in, and drove towards the PD. Even passed the 3 sack draggers on the way and reported the incident.

All three immediately arrested.

I hope i am that strong willed when i get older.
          she should have ran them over on the way there and just reported 3 dead bodies she saw on the side of the road.
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I agree with ^^^^ Back up and drive forward, and then backup...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6366 users online. 356 members and 6010 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X