• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's That Smell?!

Corpse left on police roof for two years

From correspondents in New Dehli, India
    Agence France-Presse

October 28, 2009 08:56pm

THE corpse of a man has been found on the roof of a police station in northern India where it was placed over two years ago during an inquiry, a report said today.

The body of Chukkan Nishad, a 22-year-old who went missing in July 2007, was meant to be sent for DNA testing but was instead put in a body bag and placed on the roof, the Mail Today newspaper said.

The newspaper, citing Nishad's father and local officials, said the family kept requesting the body at the police station but were repeatedly told there was an investigation underway.

"I admit it is a horrible case, possibly the first of its kind,'' said Ram Sabad Ram, the new station master in Azamgarh in northern Uttar Pradesh state.

"I joined here only recently and didn't know that the corpse was kept on the roof.''

The Mail said the body was placed there after local authorities refused to release the funds for the DNA test on Nishad, whose death remains a mystery.

Mr Ram said police were now completing the formalities to return Mishad's remains -- no more than bones after two years exposed to the elements - to his family.

Nishad's father was led to the rooftop three days ago by a "sympathetic constable'', the paper said.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

DNA testing? Family kept requesting his release? Remains stored on the roof? What am I missing? None of this makes any sense.

And if his death was a mystery, why no autopsy?
    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Come on. It's India. The smell of a dead body on the roof is not much worse than the usual odors over there.
      Last edited by KapsFB; 10-28-2009, 11:23 AM.
      sigpic
      Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
      And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
        Come on. It's India. The smell of a dead body on the roof is not much worse than the unusual odors over there.
        That's probably why it took two years to notice!
        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Holy crap! But that's what I was thinking too....Im sure the odor of the body meshed with other odors in the air........
          'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

oops, I mean how does something like this happen?

Comment

"Hey guys.......where will a body stay fresh till Spring, I know, the roof...

Comment

it's not like you left something small on the roof like a pack of gum, it was a body...how the heck do you forget that...musta been one hell of a curry sale
                dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
                  DNA testing? Family kept requesting his release? Remains stored on the roof? What am I missing? None of this makes any sense.

And if his death was a mystery, why no autopsy?
                  I agree with RkT... The information presented doesn't add up. I smell a fink.

-SC
                  Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
                  - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
                  MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
                  Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
                  Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
                  Various Graduate Credits - UoP
                  MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
                  DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
                    it's not like you left something small on the roof like a pack of gum, it was a body...how the heck do you forget that...musta been one hell of a curry sale
                    Its not like the guy was banging on the door to come back down.
                    Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

LOL yea i agree, trust me i do. i just feel like a body would be something you wouldnt forget AS easy, ya know?
                      dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Did no one go up on the roof for two years or something? Personally, that would be the first question I had if I went up to the roof and saw a body there. "Ummmm, does anyone know why we have a dead body on our roof?"
                        sigpic

Comment

He has already moved on and been reincarnated, so what's the big stink?
                          "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." --Dave Grossman

Comment

It's India, I am not at all surprised.
                            "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

This doesn't really surprize me.

I was over there about 2yrs ago, and there was a dead body on the sidewalk about 2 blocks from the hotel. Went there the next day in the mid-afternoon, and the body was still there!

Seemed odd to me, but nobody else really seemed to notice or care, so I just went about my business. But geez.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6216 users online. 344 members and 5872 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X