X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TS6034
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2009

Alcohol and Bulldozer...

A Wayne County man was arrested Saturday after police said he drove a bulldozer through the mobile home he shared with two roommates.

Goldsboro, N.C. — A Wayne County man was arrested Saturday after police said he drove a bulldozer through the mobile home he shared with two roommates.

Michael Earl Ricks, 47, of 381 Slick Rock Road in Goldsboro, is charged with damage to real property.

Mary McDuffie and Christy Hughes, Ricks' roommates, said they had been arguing with Ricks. The women said Ricks had been drinking for several hours and got upset when they threatened to kick him out.

“I knew he was going to do something stupid, but I didn’t think he was going to get a bulldozer and plow my house down,” McDuffie said.

WATCH VIDEO
    Police: Goldsboro man bulldozed house
    In the middle of the argument, they said Ricks left the home and got a bulldozer from his nearby employer, Best Sand and Gravel, Inc.

McDuffie was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher as the bulldozer hit the mobile home.

"He slams first into the front of the trailer after we got out," McDuffie said.

Both women got out safely, but said after Ricks ripped the mobile home apart, he chased them down the road to their landlord's home.

"He was beeping the horn...and coming right at us," McDuffie said.

Ricks was arrested at the scene. He was being held under a $1,500 bond at the Wayne County jail on Monday.

The women are now staying with their landlord.

In the 911 call, McDuffie said she had given Ricks a place to stay after he was released from prison.

Ricks has been convicted of armed robbery, common law robbery and writing worthless checks, according to State Department of Correction records
  • CruiserClass
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2006

When are people going to learn that alcohol, heavy equipment, convicted robbers, and trailer homes just don't mix? Think of the manpower we'd save if we didn't have to deal with drunken bulldozer drivers running over things intentionally while beeping the horn.

On a side note, bulldozers have horns?
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

• az4code23
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by CruiserClass
      When are people going to learn that alcohol, heavy equipment, convicted robbers, and trailer homes just don't mix? Think of the manpower we'd save if we didn't have to deal with drunken bulldozer drivers running over things intentionally while beeping the horn.

On a side note, bulldozers have horns?
      Yep, some bulldozers have horns. I dated a crazy girl once who bull dozed my trailer because after we broke up, my trailer was a foot and a half on her property line, so she dozed my trailer back to my property line
      "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

• TS6034
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by az4code23
        Yep, some bulldozers have horns. I dated a crazy girl once who bull dozed my trailer because after we broke up, my trailer was a foot and a half on her property line, so she dozed my trailer back to my property line
        Ok, you once dated a girl who had access to a bulldozer and knew how to operate it? WTF? LOL

Comment

• CruiserClass
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2006

Best. Post. Ever.

I called my dad, a heavy equipment operator, as I knew he'd enjoy this topic. He confirmed that his 'dozer does, in fact, have a horn. It is currently plugged with mud, though, and is not working.
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

• mikeymedic
            Band-aid jockey
            • May 2008

LOL, I just had the image of this happening in my head...but your girlfriend was topless in my version.

Comment

• Futurelaw89
              • Aug 2009

hahaha sorry but bro that is kinda funny. I'm sure not at the time though

Comment

• az4code23
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2009

Yep. Some them women folk is crazy.
                "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12073 users online. 74 members and 11999 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...